Chapter 60: Misconstructed Information

"Boss, we have sent all the details to you. Also, the young man had gone offline immediately he was done and we still can't reach him this instant." Sanha, one of the six Cha guards who Jungkook and also the one that served as his eyes for the technology team of Jeon Corporation reported to him the next day.

"You can track his IP address and I'll take the details and get his background details." Jungkook said as he stared at the art painting in his living room and then placed his cellphone back into his pocket.

With a cup of coffee in hand, this had very quickly become an habit for him. Every morning for the past one week since he left, he would stand there and look at the painting that Lalisa made.

It was almost as if staring at the picture helped him reconnect with his little girl.

He pulled out his phone and then went to a certain contact. "Lisa"

The name was simple and gave away nothing but the look in his eyes as he looked at his phone, more specifically, the contact gave away the emotions running through his mind.

With a deep sigh, he returned the phone back into his pocket and then turned to Eunwoo that was carrying his folders.

"Let's go."

"Also, Sanha would send you some details later on, for the young man that won the entrance test for the Anxi Association. Make sure to run a background check on him until you are sure he's safe to join." He instructed and looked back slightly to be sure that Eunwoo had actually heard him before he finally started moving.

.....

On the other hand,

"It's colder outside today." Xia said as she pulled Lalisa closer and wrapped a brown knitted scarf around her neck. Because of the white shirt from her uniform with the scarf, she appeared even more beautiful today.

"Thank you mother." Lalisa leaned in and gave her m a peck on both cheeks before grabbing her food box and heading out of the house.

Even though the weather and extreme coldness that signified the beginning of another season made the whole place seem gloomy, Lalisa was on a different high when she woke up and saw that she had been sent the money for winning the competition.

Since she logged out last night, she hadn't logged in back and also didn't check her mail.

By the time she got the message from the bank she had used, it was already too late as she needed to get to school.

Accessing the mail from her phone while she was in school was also a bad idea, after all, she would have to reply and probably do the needful things like a video call for getting into the association.

"Lili!" Rosè called excitedly as soon as she got to the block for the senior students.

"Rosie. How are you?" Lalisa asked while looking at her suspiciously. Rosè could be said as one of the most punctual students because her family most likely had a time for dropping her off.

Even on days when she had come as early as thirty minutes earlier, she had still met Rosè in school so now seeing her wait here for her, bag and food pack still in hand was enough to make her suspicious.

"I'm fineeee.." Rosè replied with a drag to show her cherry mood.

"Lili, my family said they would like to meet you this weekend, on Saturday to discuss some matters with you. Now that it's certain, wo...would you accompany me on Friday somewhere?"

The first part of her statement sounded like she was informing Lalisa, yet, the excitement and expectations that lit her eyes up when she asked Lalisa to accompany her made her curious.