Chapter 6: You are awake

The next day when Lalisa woke up, her mother had already made breakfast for the three of them but the man was yet to wake up.

"His fever seems to be subsiding but he still needs more time." Xia informed her daughter while scooping some porridge into her bowl.

"Hmmm, mother has done well. When I leave for school today, you don't have to go to work, just watch after him and make sure he doesn't run off before I get back." Since she had already planned to exhort his money, it would be very unfortunate if he was gone before she could back. After all, she knew very well that her mother would not be the one to disturb him.

Her mother nodded in understanding. From the age of eight, Lalisa had been the one making major decisions for them, and since it hadn't led them astray too much, her mother didn't mind it.

Unfortunately, the loneliness and way of upbringing had made her desperate for Yerim's friendship which eventually led the little genius to her early grave. 

Lalisa finished her food quickly and left the house, dressed in her school uniform, a mini blue skirt that stopped slightly above her knees, and a white shirt that was tucked in.

With the blue designs around the white top and her fair skin, she looked absolutely stunning. Yet, instead of her going straight to school, Lalisa took a stop at Auntie Su's shop.

Yesterday, she had treated the man but hadn't been able to clean up for fear of being caught, and since she knew that Auntie Su opened her shop in the afternoon, she went there and entered through the front door.

She spent about fifteen minutes cleaning up before locking the shop back and leaving for school.

"Lalisa" Several people greeted her as she entered the school. Although she was the school belle because of her looks and grades, several guys only admired her from afar because, at this age, most of the rich heirs were controlled by their families.

Each one of them usually had a teacher that was watching their every move and reported home and sometimes, some of the teachers would even have close to thirty students that they were monitoring. 

This meant that even though they liked her, they didn't dare to approach her or try to be with her. After all, they would get scolded and maybe put her in trouble.

Lalisa also didn't mind, after all, she also didn't want to marry into those any of those families. The previous her was even scared to climb up the ranks so it made her a distance between herself and those people.

Since she had a detour, the classroom was already full by the time she got in. Unlike before when she had a timid aura and was easily flustered. The Lalisa of today looked firm with her neck raised like a princess.

Although most of them couldn't pinpoint it, they could sense the difference in her including her best friend, Yerim.

"Why does it look like our school belle is looking even better than before?" One guy asked his friend who nodded his head vigorously.

 She indeed looked more eye-catching today.

"Perhaps, I'll move in with Lalisa. Even without expensive skincare or good living conditions, she still manages to shine even better." Yerim commented rather loudly.

Her words worked like magic in reminding those guys about their family condition while also making the girls snigger in misery. What was the point of being fine and having a terrible family. 

After a while, even her beauty would fade without proper care and money. At this age where still without responsibilities, and it was easy for her natural looks to shine without money, however as she grew older, things would gradually become even more difficult for her.