Chapter 33: Hard to compete

Almost as if he was reading her mind, her phone rang and seeing it was an unknown number, her brows furrowed slightly but she still picked up.

“You! Have you forgotten that you picked up a master huh?” Master Wang Shu’s voice rang out as he scoffed at her disobedient nature.

As the elder, he had waited for more than two days hoping that he would get a call from her but she hadn’t even called to tell him she had seen the number.

Yet, even though he was angry, in his house currently, there were two old men jealous at the raw prospect of their friend’s student.

“She’s too good.... It’s almost as if it’s a master’s work.” One of them sighed.

“You didn’t give me your number.” Lalisa replied without bothering to be polite. Initially, she had the thought to call him to let him know she had seen the number but realized that she didn’t have the number.

Consequently, she had forgotten about the old man and was enjoying his money on the other hand.

Realizing that what she said was true, master Wang’s temper reduced slightly.

“But that means that you don’t even understand the meaning of having a master. You should have gotten my number on that day.

If you know how much people want this position that I have given to you, you would become a devoted student immediately.” He added arrogantly.

He was someone that even the capital elites were hoping that he would pay attention to and even though when it came to the capital, he wasn’t the biggest artist, his skill was still within the best and his words still weighed a lot in the industry.

Other than him and that other old man, everyone else had so many students, yet he had none!

One could know from this that his taste was incredibly high.

“I have yet to accept you as my master. Surely you can’t be expecting that I have to pay respects to you all day right?” Rong Yue replied as she wondered if this man was worth it.

If she had to call him every time, wouldn’t that be a burden?

Master Wang Shu was stumped for words as he heard her reply and immediately patted his chest for having the tact to come to his inner room to make this call.

He couldn’t imagine the embarrassment that he would have gotten if he had made the call in front of them after he had introduced her work as his student’s work.

“How can you be so unreliable and not stick to your words in this manner?” He asked with his breath increasing.

“This master has even added your name to the association as my student. How can you be like this?” As he spoke, his breathing became labored and it was almost as if he was about to faint and lose his breath.

Rong Yue immediately panicked as she imagined that he was someone that was hypertensive.

“I was just casually asking, of course, you are still my master, why are you panicking?” She managed to say through gritted teeth.

Fine! She would accept for this period of time, after this call ended, she would just block his number. She was sure that after seeing her work, there was no way he would accept Yerim with her old works.

“Humph! You said it yourself now, you are my student, I have recorded this call so don’t have any thoughts of changing your words later.” The old man said immediately, gone was any trace of someone that was sick and was about to have an attack.

Lalisa was shocked and outraged.

This man had tricked her!

Wasn’t he too old for something like that.