Chapter 12: Game of Schemes

As soon as all the important news was passed, the senior students were finally released to go for their break.

Yerim who had been holding her words in the whole time was just about to speak when Hanbin came to meet them. 

"Lisa, you have to come with me now, our classroom teacher wants to meet you." He said with feigned hurry and as genuine as he seemed.

Yerim felt a certain foreboding sense that this wasn't good.

"Class president, do you mind if I talk to her for a minute?" She asked shyly, and even rolled some on her loose hair in her hands.

Hanbin sent a dismissive look her way.

"You want me to keep the teacher waiting?" He asked fiercely his face morphing into a scowl. Afraid to offend him, Yerim shook her head hurriedly and then looked at Lalisa hoping that she could put a word for her.

"Hanbin, we have all the time in the world, I'll be going now." 

She was already thinking of the best way to have the form filled out before she talked to her. Now that the class president is given her a chance, she would only be dumb not to take it.

Without letting her say anything, Hanbin pulled her away and only stopped when they arrived in front of the office for her homeroom teacher.

 "You should fill out the form before she convinces you to change your mind." He said gently before knocking on the door.

Lalisa nodded even though some part of her was wondering why he was helping her.

Seeing both of them Teacher Lu was slightly surprised but also pleased.

This was his best student and the class president.

"Is anything the matter?" He asked looking at the two of them.

Before Lalisa could talk, Hanbin started.

"I brought Lisa to fill in her name for the school belle and best graduating student early to avoid trouble when there's a lot of people." He explained.

Since Teacher Lu had been guiding them for a while, he understood each person's personality and so seeing him behave like this made him think that the young master was behaving unusually.

"The best graduating student is not on the list of released awards. It would be graded simply based on your examination performance." As he explained, he stood up and went to a shelf in the corner of the room and brought out some stack of papers.

"Considering her grades, there's a very high chance that the gift is going to belong to her eventually." He added with a warm smile before passing one form to Lalisa.

Lalisa thanked him politely and then went ahead to fill out the form.

In less than five minutes, she was done and then she allowed Teacher Lu to take her fingerprint to show that she was the one who filled that form for future purposes.

The two of them chatted with Teacher Lu for a while and by the time they were done, break time was over already. Lalisa didn't mind since she had eaten two portions of breakfast which could be considered good for a person like her who barely got a portion normally.

"So sorry I made you miss your lunch." She apologized sincerely as they crossed the man made garden that was between the classrooms and staff rooms.

Unknown to the both of them someone had taken their picture while they were strolling.

"I wasn't exactly hungry. I should also apologize too because I'm sure you had no intention of doing so too." He said with a wry smile and pulled out an energy bar.

 "You can eat this, it will help you hold on until the end of the classes." He said as he stretched out the energy bar which he brought from his pocket.

Lalisa looked at the offered bar and the young man that didn't look like he would be passing his food off and refused.

"Even if you hadn't dragged me here, I would have skipped lunch because I ate a large amount of breakfast in the morning."

Hanbin tried his hand at getting her to take it two times and only gave up and he was convinced she didn't want.

He tore the energy bar and finished it in two quick bites which made Lalisa giggle.

Clearly, he had been hungry and pretended that he could do without food.

"You were going to sacrifice this when you were clearly hungry. Why are you doing this?" As she spoke the last part, her face turned serious.

For her, she had come to an understanding that an average human wanted to only do good deeds because they could already perceive that it would be beneficial for them later on.

 Caught off guard by the question, Hanbin's face sharp shade of red as he looked at her briefly. He knew why she was doing this.

However, he was sure that she didn't see him in the light yet so there was no good deed to be done if he made it mention this early.

"I just don't want you being cheated because of your circumstances or your relationship." He responded with a shrug.

Lalisa studied his expressions for some seconds before nodding.

As soon as they got to class, Lalisa noticed that odd glances were sent the way of both of them.

She looked down cautiously, checking if there was anything on her dress. Seeing nothing, she went to her seat.

"Where did you both go? It's out that both of you are in a relationship, is it true?" Yerim asked as soon as her best friend sat down.

Instead of the normal talking voice she normally used to talk with, she made her voice exaggerated so that most of the class could hear her.

"If I didn't know that you were there when he told me the teacher was calling me, I'd have thought that you were really confused. What exactly are you trying to do?" Lalisa asked daringly.

Her reaction came as a shock to Yerim who was used to her acting soft all the time.

"I...I don't know, I saw some pictures and was worried....." she shuttered while Lalisa nodded stiffly.

"We are no longer kids and everyone should watch what they are saying since we would be responsible for our actions at the end of the day." She added.

Yerim felt embarrassed flush through her. She had wanted to plant a picture of both of them dating knowing that  Lalisa was usually soft spoken person. She also didn't have a phone to know what was going on.

So to her, it had been a good trick since it would be difficult for Lalisa to get votes if the girls were angry at her for stealing their prince away.

The rest of the day, she bowed her head in silence only talking like once while Lalisa acted. like she didn't see how pitiful she was acting.

"Lisa, can we talk?" She asked as soon as the last school bell rang signifying that they had closed for the day.