Chapter 32: Dealing with her

As soon as she got home, Lalisa was stunned by the knitted dresses her mother had made in the time she was in school.

One had to understand that while there were machines, knitting with her hands to make three different dresses for her was quite a feat and she wondered why she had never paid attention to this her mother’s skill in the past.

“Mother, how did you make all these in the hours I was in school?” She asked curiously, as she walked into the kitchen, the aroma of lunch calling to her.

“I thought you would stay back in school since you aren’t working anymore. I only made dinner.” Seeing that she was hungry, Xia hurriedly explained and left the piece she was working on to join her in the kitchen.

“Go and wash up, I’ll make some noodles for you to eat until it’s time for dinner.” If they ate the dinner they were supposed to warm up now, they would still get hungry later in the day. It was better to make some quick meal for her now.

“Hmmm, okay.” Lalisa agreed and went to her room to change and clean up.

As soon as she was done, she carried the bag that had all the things she had bought earlier today.

The speed of the current computers were going to be too slow for her to adapt with. For someone that wanted to go full mode into the technology industry majorly. She didn’t want to use the current speed and so she decided to getting some parts that would allow her to modify the laptop up until it was at a suitable speed.

After that, she could consider how she would build something she could sell for people.

.....

She carefully arranged everything on her study desk before going to get the tools she had brought back from Auntie Su’s store.

“Okay, this is all I need for now.” She murmured to herself before going back outside to meet her mother.

Although they were like close friends or maybe sisters, Xia was someone that liked to give her daughter privacy, like previously, she never asked how much Lalisa was making and just accepted anything Lalisa gave her after she made sure she met Auntie Su and when her daughter said she had to go a lesser school, despite how she wanted the best for her child, she said nothing and just agreed.

While to some families, that would be detrimental, for someone that knew that her daughter wasn’t one to mess around, it was a system that worked for the both of them well.

“Ahhh, so fragrant.” Lalisa praised as she sat in front of the piping hot bowl of noodles, her mouth watering before even having a bite.

“It’s still so hot, wait for it cool down a little.” Her mother advised as her brows furrowed slightly.

Lalisa shook her head sideways and immediately took her chopsticks and started to eat. Even when she saw that it would burn her tongue, she only blew on it a little and immediately gobbled it down.

“You don’t know how hungry this daughter of yours is.” She said exaggeratedly when she finished her meal.

Instead of going back to her room immediately, she sat there and talked with her mom for a while and also used that opportunity to check out the styles that her mother had made for her.

“Mother, how did you get the inspiration? These styles are so beautiful.” She commented. Her eyes shining brightly.

Even as at ten years ago when crotchet was already gaining slight ground in the fashion industry, knitting was not yet there after all, it was more arduous and wasn’t easy for young people to start it all on their own.