Chapter 77: Final Examinations

A week had gone by quickly and every student in City A high school all had solemn looks on their faces. Jungkook drove the car to a slow stop in front of the school, his face looking solemn like the senior class students.

Lalisa looked at Jungkook who looked as if he was dropping her off for some military assignment.

"It's just my final exams, there's nothing difficult there." Lalisa said with a shrug as she undid her seatbelt.

"Hmmm, I know, my little girl is a genius." Jungkook said with a teasing smile, his eyes moving from impassive to intense.

"I'm just unhappy that I have to return to the capital." he said and without allowing Lalisa to digest his words, he pulled her in and kissed her heavily on the lips.

Lalisa's eyes widened in shock as she pushed him off while glaring at him fiercely.

"Jungkook!!!!!!"

"That was just a goodbye kiss from your man to you. Best of luck, Lili." he responded shamelessly. He had known she was going to push him off, however, he realised these past few days that she had started to see him like he was family.

Now that he had to leave to handle some matters, he decided this was the best way to tell her goodbye.

.....

"Humph! Go and don't come back." Lalisa said as she used her hand to pat her racing heart. Without another word, she dashed out of the car without another word.

Only she could explain exactly how she had felt when he had pressed his lips against hers. Even though she was only eighteen now, she had much more experience with intimacy matters from her past life and having her heart go racing by some rich president was definitely not part of the plans she had for herself.

It was only when she had walked to the school gate that she felt like her heart had finally calmed down.

Although they were going to do the exams in their schools in their city, they were to use the school's biggest auditorium and external invigilators were going to be sent in.

Each day had a total of three papers, two in the morning, one in the afternoon.

"Lili!" Rosè's familiar voice called out, pulling Lalisa out of her thoughts as she looked around. Hanbin, Jimin and Rosè stood together in front of the exam hall and were all waving her over.

"You guys look so chirpy, don't make people think we have some exam questions." Lalisa teased as she joined them. Contrary to how everyone else looked, their group looked really prepared and ready.

Other than helping them study properly, she had set possible questions for them and also gave them areas to focus on. Although she had taken the same test last year, it had been a long time back and even she didn't want to remember the exact questions so that her friends were not implicated.

"How many times did you answer the sample questions I drew for you?" she asked Rosè who still had a revision handbook in hand and had gone back to studying it. As soon as she said that, the other people around looked at Rosè with envy.

Even though her family was the best among the four, the other three were the top best in their year and they were all friends. Even worse was that Rosè had been studying with them which gave a lot of people the impression that she had some cheat advantage.

Now hearing that some questions were even drawn out for her made them even unhappier.

"The entrance examinations have always depended on how well you study and your luck. After all, being a local champion here means nothing when you are competing against elite students from the capital and other better cities." Tong Yang said snidely.