Chapter 59: Diamond in rough

"Any time spent on getting past the first defense would not be accounted for unless your timer is on." One of the supervisors added and many other cameras were turned on.

Lalisa immediately stood up from the front of the screen and went to her closet immediately.

Since it would be suspicious if she was a guy on the document and then became a girl, she had to put on a guy costume.

While she was getting ready and perfecting her disguise, some of the competitors had already started trying to by pass the defense wall.

To not look weird, Lalisa took about ten minutes perfecting her disguise while a lot of the coordinators were already curious about who this person was that was wasting so much time.

When she sat down back, one of the competitors from America was already a few steps from breaking through the defense while most of the others were somewhere in the middle.

"Contestant x3 starting now." Lalisa announced as she turned on her camera filling up the last black section that had been blank before now.

Upon hearing news that someone competing with them had just arrived, most of the competitors sniggered.

"At least, we know someone has the bottom position." Someone muttered and was carried into the ears of everyone.

.....

The organizers said nothing as they were also displeased with Lalisa's tardy behavior.

Lalisa on the other hand, acted like she heard nothing as her fingers danced across the keyboard at a frightening fast pace.

Her eyes were locked on the defense system and even though she had experienced that kind of firewall several times in her past life, she was still impressed, after all, this had only become a generalized firewall system about three years later from now.

It also ignited the sense of urgency in her.

If this people had this ten years ago, she wondered what the organization was doing at this point.

It made her understand that she didn't have anytime to waste and she needed to start finding the clues to where they were now, who was heading it and what was going to be the end.

While her mind seemed to be in a myriad of thoughts, her eyes and fingers were still in perfect coordination and just as she was about to finish the final key, the guy from America announced that he had finally broken past the firewall.

His announcement made the coordinators stunned as their muffled and excited chatters were heard.

Firstly, it was a new technology and the test had started about twenty five minutes ago which meant that he had used only twenty five minutes to pass through the firewall!

"Passed." Lalisa announced perfunctorily as she pressed on the final key and then waited for the real test to start.

"Done?"

"How's that possible?"

"Didn't he just join?"

Confused mutters were heard and many other contestants were shocked.

After all, she had only joined five minutes ago. If she was already done, didn't that make them stupid?

Although the coordinators found it hard to believe, with their scoreboard and security alert showing that she had passed the firewall, they couldn't argue and just kept quiet.

Lalisa on the other hand didn't mind any of them and just went ahead to start the test.

The first level of the test was relatively easier than the initial firewall which meant that the firewall was a sieving criteria.