Chapter 82: Welcome to the capital, Lalisa

"Grandfather was determined to have me pick you up." Chen said with a wry smile as he looked at the dissatisfied Lalisa.

Although, she was clearly frowning, with her features, instead of making people want to steer clear of her anger. Chen had the deep urge to take of her troubles.

"My mother is going to be worried the entire time I'm there. Also, I have a competition I have to attend to in less than a week." Lalisa whined and she thought of the million of things that she had planned to do.

It was even more annoying as she knew that this was something she had do for him as her master.

Their ride to the airport was stress free and Lalisa got down with her bag of supplies that she had packed and a small traveling bag for her essentials.

Chen had already booked the tickets and the both of them checked in and waited till it was time for them to take off.

In reality, this wasn't something that Lalisa was really needed for. However, his father had bragged too much about his student that the committee and all his friends had ganged up against him by organizing this.

"So is this some competition with award or what?" Lalisa asked. Now that she was resigned to her fate and had calmed down, she wanted to know more about what she was going to face in the capital.

The capital....

.....

Back then, she had longed to be there with all her heart. And there she had been, her career and designs blowing up everywhere and if she had by any chance revealed that she had been the one who was also designing it, she could have directly marched forward to being a national level goddess.

However, for Yerim, she had kept the secret that her paintings and designs all belonged to her.

But the capital wasn't just where she grew. It was also the place where her dreams were buried. And it was only now when she looked back that she realized how much everyone around her had taken from her.

"It's a celebration party of one of the highest level officers in the country, however, his best form of entertainment is painting and so instead of gifting him a painting, the association of painters has instead offered to let the younger generation do a painting competition at his party to liven things up." Chen explained and Lalisa sat up straight as anger clouded her expressions.

"Are you telling me that all this is just some silly competition to entertain some old man's birthday????" She asked as she felt like she had heard the most absurd thing in the world.

Chen chuckled, unable to resist how she looked being angry with her mouth in a tight pout.

"You shouldn't let the men in the capital see you angry." He said without thinking only realizing what he said after. However, he didn't take it back because he understood that it was the most important thing and that the men around there were always looking for vulnerable girls to destroy.

Although her being Master Wang's disciple was a good backing, it was not enough to keep a lot of the young masters away at the end of the day.

"There would be awards to whoever wins the competition and the person would also get a status elevation, after all, all the dignitaries from the capital would be there on that day." Chen explained and then after some more listings of what she stands to gain, Rong Yue finally felt some of her anger melting away.

"If this is how he's going to spring surprises on me, I would have to demand being paid as his student." Lalisa said playfully before finally plugging in her ear phones and listening to some music.