Chapter 74: Find her a partner

Lalisa felt like coughing blood as she heard his words. Her man? However, the certainty and confidence he had said it left her unable to refute. Instead of talking, she turned away from him as she watched the non existent scenery outside.

"Where are we going?" Lalisa asked after a long winding silence the moment she noticed that the car turned in a totally different direction from the route home.

"I need you to see something." Jungkook said mysteriously and Lalisa brows arched up in suspicion. After what he had just said, her whole mind didn't trust that he would pull a surprise that would send her off balance.

Just as she was about to talk, the car came to a stop making her look out. "Come down, we are here already." Jungkook said getting down by himself while the driver opened the door for Lalisa.

The stark difference between the light through the tinted windows of the car and being in plain light made Lalisa squint her eyes as she took in the building in front of her. It was a remote street and they were currently parked in front of a traditional building. It looked exactly like the buildings of ancient China that would come with a courtyard.

Jungkook said nothing as she walked into the building, giving her no choice than to enter. Instead of the typical modern doors, the door to this building was wooden and ancient, giving her a feeling of someone that was going back in time.

However, she noticed that the door also felt new, like it had not been used for long. Lalisa had questions, but she also had patience. As soon as the doors opened, the strong fragrance of good blew in their faces making Lalisa's face light up.

"Who are we here to see?" she asked without thinking as she wondered if she was going to get food to eat. "Not who, what."

"Come, this is a restaurant, not the typical one as there would be qualifications to eat here, you can decide that later on, the important thing is to let me know what you think about the food." Jungkook explained.

.....

"Boss." A woman that looked like she was in her late forties came out from one of the doors that was connected to the empty room space they were in.

"Are the meals ready?"

"Yes, we have prepared one of the rooms for the tasting." as she talked, she turned and signified that they could follow her. Jungkook held Lalisa's hand and followed her. Lalisa looked up at him in confusion but said nothing since she was around someone.

The moment they stepped into one of the rooms, Lalisa felt a certain calm on her mind and body which made her look around carefully. "We had some master aromatherapists to help us with the oils. It calms the body and has been said to have some effect with digestion if a person inhales it for slightly more than an hour. However, with the quantity used in each room, it would not be having that elevated effect." the woman leading the way explained and Lalisa nodded in understanding. She also kept it at the back of her mind to ask her mother once she got home.

The room was box shaped and had a large table in the middle with a joined long sofa circling around it. From one glance, the quality of the sofa was easy to see and the colour was also very suited to the brown and white theme of the whole building.

"What's going on?" Lalisa finally asked as they sat down and the woman left the room. Even with a table full of food, Jungkook knew that if he didn't give her the answer she wanted, she would probably not even eat the meals.

"I gave them some of my recipes to develop so that you can eat it anytime I'm away." he started surprising Lalisa.

"Are you serious? Why?"