Chapter 10: Good cook?

Lalisa was surprised to see her mother and the young master bringing out the dishes from the kitchen when she woke up the next day.

Dresses in her neatly ironed uniform and her hair packed into a rolled bun, Jungkook sighed at how attractive the girl was. For her living conditions, it was really suprising that they weren't getting bothered by men.

"Lisa, this young master used the vegetables outside to make some dishes. You should try some before heading out for school." Her mother said softly as she set the table and pulled down her daughter to eat.

Lalisa understood that her mother was slightly naive and she already felt that it would that the man would make something edible.

She watched as he rinsed his elegant and slender fingers and then picked up the chopsticks after serving himself.

Jungkook felt her gaze on him and looked up shooting a questioning glare. Instead of being embarassed Lalisa rolled her eyes and looked at her mother that had taken a bite.

Her mother's immediately lit up as she chewed on the food quite quickly and swallowed. Without thinking she took another mouthful then a third mouthful making Lalisa wonder if the meal was really that good.

Noticing that her daughter wasn't eating Xia immediately stopped eating and looked over worried.

"What's the matter? Are you okay?"

"Hmmm, I was just waiting to see him eat it in case there is some poisonous vegetables there." She responded frankly making her mother's face flush with embarrassment.

She looked at the young man who had gotten up early to cook to be sure that he wasn't offended before replying to her.

"He's cooking is refreshing and good. Also, don't you know that all my herbs and vegetables are good ones? How can it be poisonous?" She chided gently.

Lalisa looked at Jungkook one more time before rolling her eyes at the man who had acted like he wasn't aware of the mother daughter interaction as he ate his meal peacefully.

She then picked up her chopsticks and took a mouthful.

Almost as if he was waiting, the moment her eyes lit up with surprise at the taste of food, she met Jungkook's gaze who was watching to see if she would like the meal.

Seeing as she liked it, the corner of his mouth lifted to a small smile that looked very ugly to Lalisa who was embarrassed to be caught red handed.

Since he already knew that she liked the food, she ate it up very quickly and even got a second serving before leaving for school.

"Here, I won't be needing it in school and I know you would need a phone to communicate and get your people to pick you up," Lalisa said as she handed him the phone.

Even though she had the intention of finding some work while she had break in school previously, she was willing to let him use it as a payment of thanks for making breakfast.

Considering that he needed it, Jungkook didn't refuse and took the phone from her as his eyes conveyed his thanks.

"Mother, you don't have to treat anyone inside the house again. If it's something urgent then you can treat them outside or at their house." She told her mom who nodded obediently as she rolled up the piece of painting from last night.

Since it was the right size for her bag, she kept it there and waved the both of them goodbye, and left for school.

As soon as she got to school, Yerim, who had arrived a lot earlier rushed to meet her.

"Lisa, you came at the right time." She said excitedly and pulled her towards the classroom.

After hearing the announcement, she rushed out to make sure that she could control Lalisa before she heard the words from their classmates.

"Just now, the social departments announced that there would be more announcements regarding the award and graduation ceremony. I really can't wait to win the belle of the year." She gushed while Lalisa went into deep thought.

In her past life, the rules of the competition had been different, and instead of allowing interested participants to enter the competition by themselves, they had instead picked five suitable candidates and opened the selection to the school.

She had won the competition by a landslide but after seeing how miserable her best friend was, she had willingly stepped down and allowed Yerim to take the crown home.

Thinking of how she sacrificed everything and she could to make her happy and how she had paid back, Lalisa sneered in her mind before she smiled gently at her.

"I'm sure you would look very good in the crown. You don't have any competition." She said looking around the classroom.

Since the competition required that they be all-rounders, there was other people but they also couldn't compare to Yerim not to mention Lalisa.

Yerim nodded before looking at Lalisa with a pitiful and glossy expression.

 "Would you be competing? Father really wants me to win this because of my bad grades..." 

"I won't be entering my name, I know you want it also," Lalisa assured her. Since she knew that no one was going to enter their name, she knew wasn't going to break any promises.

Extra circular activities like this would close soon and the major award program would only be after their exams, however, competitions like this would have been organized and closed before that time.

Yerim nodded and then thanked her eagerly while her eyes had a satisfied and victorious look.

Before she had rushed out of the classroom, everyone was already mentioning that she was the one who was going to win the award. Since they had been friends the whole of high school, she knew that Lalisa gave her word she wouldn't give her name to the social department.

The both of them walked to their class in a silent harmony and each person's mind was filled with their own thoughts.

Just as they were about to enter the classroom, Fang Hanbin, the class president crossed their paths.

"Lisa, the mathematics teacher asked me to come with you, it seems like you have entered some answers wrongly," Hanbin said his eyes only fixed on only Lalisa.

Yerim smiled broadly, hoping that he would look at her, even though he was the class president, everyone knew that Hanbin's family was one of the biggest families in their cities.

Most importantly, his family had some ties to the capital. With how attractive he was, he was the dream boyfriend of most girls, ranking number 2 among the most attractive boys. 

Lalisa nodded and followed him unsuspecting.

After they crossed the path that separated the classrooms from the teachers' offices, Hanbin paused and gave a shy look crossed his face.

When he had gotten the thought of warning her, he hadn't bothered to think about it twice. Now that he was standing in front of the pure beauty that he secretly admired, he wondered if she would find his words offensive.