Chapter 14: Master Wang Shu

Lalisa first started with the painting in front of her while allowing little Loli to give her a clearer view of the painting that Maste Wang was looking at so she could also understand it better.

For someone that her works were regarded as a prodigy, Lalisa was able to get it quite quickly and so she strolled to the young masters side.

"I think the highlight of the painting is the drum that is supposed to block the light but somehow, the painter managed to pass light onto everything else in the picture. For the first time I thought that the painter was making the drum the sun." She said slowly, her eyes lost on the painting.

From afar, she had seen interested in this painting and seen that it's worthy but this close, she was shocked by how good it was up close.

Master Wang who had been already shocked that a girl with attractive looks like her would actually think of painting.

But when she had seen that she was also someone that also understood painting he was even more impressed.

However, he was having troubles on understanding what the painter was trying to pass on. He knew that there was something that there was something that is being passed on.

Something unique and yet, he couldn't get the grasp of it.

Seeing how she was breaking it down, he was already eager to have her say what it really meant and so he turned when he didn't hear her speak again.

"The painter thinks he is the drum..." Lalisa started again with carrying some excitement in her voice as she spotted something else in the painting.

"And that we can also be the drum, either by being like him or by taking from his light." She finally completed. However, the master beside her was still trying to understand how that could be the meaning.

"How can you see it that way? Can you explain your view?"

"The drum, like I said before should not allow light through it since the painter had not given any sort of hole or anything of that sort, however, every light shining on the picture is gotten from the same drum.

Upon looking closely, you would see very quickly that the drum has some natural holes from years of being used and worn that has allowed light to pass through it.

With this, it has now become able to pass light through it." The more she explained, the more the man saw and the more his eyes shone with a kind of frevor that could only be seen in maniacs eyes.

"How do you see all that in one glance!" He asked with shock filling his eyes. He took one more look at her and nodded with pride beaming through his eyes.

Lalisa couldn't have know that the man had five grandchildren and yet, none of them liked the idea of painting. They just wanted to do several other things and he also didn't want to hold them back.

Like this, it made him appreciate the youngsters who are still into craft which is why he was surprised at the depth of her knowledge.

He listened to her as she explained how, the painter was trying to tell to them, the ones looking at the painting as the smaller drum in the other corner.

The both of them moved to another painting and discussed for more than an hour.

On the other end, the young receptionist had gone back to the office of his boss and yet, he had been unable to get the man to check her painting and finally left dejected.

Since their exhibition room was a bit exclusive, and was different from the places they kept the paintings for the sales, he felt that he had compensated her enough and would tell her the news when she finally came out.

"Are you a member of association here?" Master Wang Shu asked her as they got to the tenth painting. Since both of them were not beginners, they got the hang of most of the painting in minutes and some in seconds.

Since he also had something he had come here to do, he wanted to know about her so that he could meet her later on.

A part of him was also thinking of taking her as his student, however, he had no idea that if she had painting skills or was someone who just enjoyed seeing paintings.

"No, I only came here to put my painting up for sales so that I can make some money from it. The person in charge of appraisal was busy, so I came here to while some time away." Lalisa replied honestly.

"You paint!? Let me see it immediately." He said eagerly already rushing out the door.

Lalisa also wasted no time and led him out the door to where the appraisal room was.

"Master Wang Shu. We were just coming to pick you up." Two men coming from the other side said just as soon as they reached the hallway.

"Hmmm, I just finished, I am just going to follow this daughter of mine to see her painting." He said as he pulled Lalisa's hand and dismissed them.

Passing on the information and checks from the capital was important but not as much as having a disciple was more important to him and so he wanted to see her painting.

Thinking that Lalisa was his granddaughter, the two men who had rushed to meet him also followed behind him immediately, nothing about their hurried footsteps and curious looks would make them connect them to the vice president and the secretary of this painting's association.

To put it simply, one was the second in charge of the building, and other was the third in charge of the building, and yet they were hurrying behind an old man who was dressed simply and a young girl in school uniform.

Lalisa led Master Wang to the room were the man was, just as she had left him, he was now sitting with hi leg over the table while eating a bag of chips.

"Is he the appraiser?" Master Wang asked as he wondered how someone would have such work ethics. As someone from the older generation, he typically disliked lazy people that didn't want to get work done.

"That's probably my painting there rolled on the table." She said pointing at the rolled paper on the desk, which was about to fall off as the man put his leg on the table it was just a few inches from falling.

The two man rushing behind them had only arrived, but Lalisa's and Master Wang's body was blocking them from the view.

"How can you be so careless at work to discard a work of art and sit there doing nothing?! Is this what you are getting paid for?" Master Wang scolded angrily as he reached out for the painting.

The appraiser however, thought that the young girl who was probably the painter and bought his family who he assumed be the old man to bully him.

"Who's this old man with no manners? Do you think this painting association is a place where you can barge into whenever you want?" The appraiser scolded back not bothering to save face for the elderly.

His words were clearly heard my the two man behind who immediately rushed forward.

"Who gave you the audacity?!" The Vice President roared as he lunged forward and gave a good slap on the man's face.

Seeing the vice president and secretary, his face paled immediately fear seeping in his eyes as he looked back at Lalisa and Master Wang.

'Has he offended the wrong people?'