16 communication studies

I'm outside the study room about to walk in when I see a box of chocolates. I see it's my gift to Troy, I know because it's signed 'your favorite nerd'. Nerd was Troy's favorite nickname for me in high school, especially when he wanted something but didn't want to sound pathetic. I smile at the memory as I walk into the study room. "You missed one." I say to the Cupid, they nod in response. "Here Troy." I say handing him the box. "Y/N thank you." He smiles. The Cupid hands me a candy necklace. To Y/N from your favorite jock. I called Troy a jock as much as he called me a nerd. It's memories like this that make me miss high school. "Y/N are you going to the dance? Do you have a date?" Shirley asks. I can see where this is going. "I'm going. And as for the date no one asked me and I don't really know who to ask." I say "What about Troy?" Shirley asks. God Shirley you're such a pot stirrer. "Troy would you be okay with that?" I ask him embarrassed. "Sure. Why not?" I replies. "Cool. Well I'll see you amigos in Spanish." I say before I walk out of the study room.

Change's teaching is interrupted by another Cupid. This time both Troy and Pierce get valentines. They make really obvious made up girlfriends. Chang gets a letter from Cupid that's fake. He punishes Troy and Pierce telling them that they have to be his date to the dance.

When class ends Troy stops me from leaving. "Y/N I'm so sorry I didn't write that letter." Troy says "Hey it's okay." I smile "Really?" Troy asks thankful I'm not mad. "Yeah plus I kind of want to see what you look like in a pants suit." I say laughing, Troy laughs with me. "I'll see you soon, jock." I say smiling and walking away. "You too, nerd!" Troy shouts back, I laugh.

I take the necklace Tory got me. I chew on it. The candy reminds me of so many things. Every year after Troy and I met we would send each other the same valentines, I get him chocolate, he's get me candy necklaces. And we would sign the same thing, nerd and jock. Unfortunately though after Troy got hurt we didn't send valentines. So I sent him a card to make up for it. It's nice being able to do this again, it meant so much for me in high school, and it still means a lot to me. Troy means a lot to me. When we were in high school together I got picked on, he helped me. He had to get his grades up to stay in sports, I helped him. Even if things don't work out between us as partners, I'm sure we could still be friends. If not that's okay, he'll still always be my best friend no matter what happens, if we do or don't talk.

*.•Time skip•.*

When classes are over I go to my dorm to get ready for the dance. I put on a black suit (or dress). I fix my hair, pick out matching shoes. I get a message.

Annie: hey Y/N can you come to my dorm Shirley and I need your opinions on are outfits

Y/N: on my way

*.•Time skip•.*

Annie Shirley and I get to the dance. We see Troy in Pierce, their in coats hiding their outfits. Laugh. "Y/N this isn't funny!" Annie yells. I quiet down. "Good luck soldiers." I say patting them both on the back. "Also Troy." He turns around. "I toss him a box of chocolate. "Go get 'em, jock." I say he nods. "You two are so cute!" Annie shouts. "Yeah so are you and Vaughn!" I shout back.

Troy sits next to me, he try's to speak but stops himself, after a minute he speaks. "I owe you." He says looking at me sadly. "Yeah you do." I say kissing him on the cheek. "Wow." Troy says placing his hand on where I kissed him. "Goodnight, Troy." I say smiling as I walk away back to my dorm. "Happy Valentine's Day!" He says as I walk. "You too, jock!" I shout back before leaving.