14 early 21st century romanticism

I walk into the study room and see Abed and Troy pretty much drooling over the librarian. Troy looks over at me and asks, "Y/N, what do you do when you and your best friend wanna ask the same girl to the dance, but neither have dibs because you both fell in love at first sight?" I think before responding. "Well what I will say, is I might have to get in on this." I say looking at the librarian. Once Jeff walks in Troy asks him the same question. "Well I don't believe in dibs, or love at first sight, love, best friends or doing things, but it's good you brought this to me." Jeff responds. "You're going to have to open your heart one day Jeff." Abed tells him. I look out to the hall and see Britta talking to a girl. She comes in the study room and tells us that that's her friend Page. "Page is a lesbian." Britta tells us and we all look at Pierce. "Pierce, as someone who's been calling me s lesbian for the last year and a half, I'm sure you don't have anything to say about me being friends with one." Britta says. "What I do have is a prepared statement." Pierce says picking up a bag and pulling a paper out of it before reading it to us.

After the paragraph Pierce takes a pill and leaves the study room dancing. "That man is my Roman Empire. He needs to be studied." I say once he leaves. And then the whole group started arguing about BNL.

I was with Britta and Annie, she was asking about Page. "What do you think, (Y/N)?" Britta asks trying to prove a point, I think. "It's college, we're young, it's good to discover thing." I said casually. "Are you gay?" Annie asked me. "Like I said, it's college. Experiment, expand your knowledge." I replied before walking away and going to the study room. I stop when I see Abed and Troy asking out the Liberian. I smile knowing they got the courage to ask her out but my smile quickly fades when I realize, Troy asked her out.

I don't know whether to feel happy or upset, Troy and Abed are trying to find out who Mariah likes more, I also just learned her name. Britta and Page are both straight but think the other is a lesbian. Pierce is high out of his mind and is dance by himself at a table, I think he said something about a mini man. And I got a call from Jeff how Chang invited a bunch of people over without Jeff's permission. So I should be laughing, everything happening is funny. But I'm alone sulking over Troy trying to win someone over. I then see Abed leave, I go out to follow him. "Abed what's happening?" I ask him after we're out of the cafeteria. "She chose Troy." He said with his usual monotone demeanor. I sigh and Abed nods understanding. "I'm sorry (Y/N)." He says patting my shoulder.

"I hate her. I hate her. I hate her." Troy chants coming out of the cafeteria a few minutes later. "What happened?" Abed asks. "She called you weird." Troy answers. The two then go on to talk about how they didn't like her. " There's someone out there for us." Troy says putting his hand on Abed's shoulder. "Happy Valentine's Day." Abed replied. "It is now." Troy said before they hugged. And then Mariah walked out. I walked away giving Abed and Troy space.

I then met up with the rest of the group in the cafeteria and then we all got a text from Jeff in the group chat.

Jeff: it might not shock you guys to hear the real reason we had a fight today. It wasn't about the Barenaked Ladies. Although I do have some unresolved issues there. Caring about a person can be scary. Caring about seven people can be a horrifying embarrassing nightmare. At least for me. But if I can't say it today, when can I say it? I love you guys. Oh, and Pierce? Take it from an expert. These knuckleheads are right outside your heart. Let them in. Before it's to late. Happy Valentine's Day.