8 cooperative calligraphy

I walk into the study room to see everyone working on their assignment. I sit down and talk to the group until the dean comes in. He informs us about a puppy parade.

The group talks about it, Troy and Abed doing their signature hand shake. As we're about to walk out of the study room Annie stops us.

"Wait, wait!" We all turn to look at Annie. "I'm sorry I need to know who took my pen." Annie says glaring at us all trying to find the culprit.

The group says a bunch of 'sorry don't have it' and 'oh I don't see it, sorry Annie' before I speak "Annie you can get another pen." I tell her wanting to go to the parade. "No, 'sorry Annie' we passed sorry eight pens ago! I keep bringing pens and you guys keep taking them. I'm putting my foot down." She speaks angrily. Shirley being the mother that she is chimes in, "okay well, now Annie has made it clear that this is an issue, so from now on we need to make sure to be more respectful of her things, okay?" Shirley says calmly before we all attempt to leave again.

We stop when we hear Annie's loud screaming as she waves her head around slightly. We all start to look around the room, on the tables, the floor, anywhere we can reach.

"Okay, whoever ruthlessly abducted Annie's pen confess so we can leave." Jeff says.

"Maybe nobody took it, whenever I thought I lost something important turns out I already ate it." Troy suggests.

"I didn't eat my pen Troy. I took a photo!" Annie says having a realization.

I roll my eyes as I continue looking around the room. When I finally look back at the group I see Britta has dumped out her bag. Everyone starts to throw accusations out and it gets worse when Jeff has Abed close the doors.

Jeff starts to check bags, when Troy goes up his bag is only filled with a pillow. Once Abed's bag starts to get checked I can see her get more and more nervous. "I can go first if I'd make you feel better." I tell her as I pat her back to comfort her. "Thank you." She says with a bit of relief.

Britta gets to a book that has dates written down about Annie, Britta, and Shirley's cycles.

(If menstruating doesn't apply to you, you can skip this bit)

"Why isn't Y/N in here?" Britta asks.

Abed starts to explain. I space out until I hear my name as he explains. "We'll Y/N's attitude never fluctuated like you three." Abed explained as the girls looked at me confused. "What? Pain killers work." I say remembering about the bottle of pain medication I stole from Pierce.

"Okay your last up Shirley. Dump your comedically huge bag and end this." Abed says.

I look at Shirley, she looks back at me before speaking.

"No thank you." She says before a game of monkey in the middle starts and ends with the objects inside Shirley's purse are on the table.

Everyone looks at the pregnancy test that was once in Shirley's bag. "So does this mean you have a new boyfriend?" Annie asks Shirley handing her the pregnancy test.

"Not that it's anyone's business, my husband and I recently reconnected over Labor Day." She explains.

"You're not pregnant Shirley, according to my charts you couldn't have conceived Labor Day, you would have ovulating on Halloween." Abed says checking his charts.

Troy and I'd eyes go wide as we look at one another.

Flashback

I look up to see Troy sat down next to me.

"Hey, what're you doing?" I ask him looking at his phone.

"Just chilling. Oh Chang sent me a message." He says before playing it out loud.

"Troy if I die I need you to tell the world, I slept with Shirley." Chang explains before Shirley's voice is heard in the background followed by yelling. "Got to go!" Chang yells the message ending.

Troy and I look at each other with disgust. "Why would he tell me?" Troy asks. "I don't know." I answer.

End flashback

Soon everyone starts to yell and argue, Troy and Jeff start to trash the room. "Guys, can we just forget it!? It's a pen!" Annie yells causing us to stop and look at her.

"Oh it's a pen now?!" Jeff shouts getting closer to Annie. "Why the change of heart?" Jeff asks.

Soon Jeff, Annie, Britta, and Pierce start to strip. "Guys you're being completely irrational." Abed says. "We need to flip the tables and divide the group by gender." He says. "Oh there it is." I said rolling my eyes. Once everyone gets behind tables they strip.

I hear complaints from the other members but I shrug them off. "Who's going to make sure nothing falls?" I say refusing to strip.

Everyone kept accusing each other and saying hurtful things. And once again we've checked everywhere, even Pierce's legs.

"The only place we haven't checked is Y/N." Annie accuses. "If I had your pen I'd tell you." I say to Annie. "Then why did you not even dump out your bag?" She asks interrogating. "Because i actually have self respect, thank you very much." I tell her before picking up my stuff and standing up off the cluttered floor and moving to sit on one of the red seats.

I listen to the group have a corny talk about the pen, in the end we all blamed a ghost, and Troy's story felt so real it felt believable.