only you - maybanks lover

At their second year at college Topper introduced Rafe and Y/n, his girlfriend's best friend and roommate. It was as cliche as it could get, love at first sight. He didn't know that love could be that strong till he met her, he also didn't know that someone could love you without expecting something in return. Love in his life had always been conditioned, his family didn't know how to love.

Rafe was so grateful for her, and so grateful for the universe to bring her to him after his drug addiction. Everyone in his life saw how good this girl was for him, even the pouges told Sarah how happy he looked when they saw the couple at Tanyhill for lunch the day before thanksgiving, even Ward could see how his son looked at the young woman, in twenty-one years he had never seen Rafe like that and even though he didn't know Y/n very well, he liked her.

"Sweetheart do you want more pie?." Rafe asked.

"No Rafey, thank you." Y/n smiled at him and so did him before kissing her forehead and sitting down beside her.

"So kids, tell us, how long have you been together?." Ward looked at them.

"Close to reaching a year sir." Y/n replied.

"Y/n what are you studying?." Rose was the one to ask now. "I can't remember if Rafe told us."

"I'm studying media and entertainment and majoring in production as the place I work at is willing to promote me once I have my major done." Rafe watched his girlfriend smile and continuing the chat with his family, Wheezie telling her she loved the pictures she posted on Instagram and Sarah making the sweet girl laugh while being asked "How do you make him laugh so much?" while Rafe was being pointed at.

A few hours later, he laid in his childhood bed waiting for Y/n to get out of the bathroom and come rest with him.

"Your sisters are nice, I like them." Her head in his chest now and arms wrapped around each other. "And your dad is really fixed on finding bad things about us right?." Her question was genuine and the "yes." He gave as an answer was too.

"But I don't care about any of them, you are the only one I need." Rafe kissed her head. "Only you baby."

"You know I don't expect anything from you more than your love right.?" She looked up.

"I know, you expect Sweet Nothings love and I'm truly grateful for that too."

"I love you Rafey."

"I love you more sweetheart" A kiss sealing their love before falling asleep.