strawberry-scented body wash - kjd55

a knock on the door downstairs has you groaning and pushing away from the desk you've been seated at the last few hours, chipping away at the homework you'd been neglecting this week.

with final exams around the corner and college applications already sent, you were doing your best at fighting the infamous senioritis, albeit not doing a great job.

jumping down the stairs to get to the door as quick as you could, you shouted a "coming!" from your spot halfway down the steps.

you weren't expecting anyone over, and when you finally open the door to find a soaking wet rafe cameron standing on your doormat, rain splattering onto your floor from the unexpected weather, you grabbed his wrist to pull him inside, desperate to keep the floors and more specifically, your socks, as dry as possible.

"what are you doing here?" you ask awkwardly once you'd shut the door. as much as you hate to admit it, you've had a crush on your best friends brother for a while. which sounds ridiculous, considering the fact that he loathes you, and your entire existence, for some reason.

he tucks his bottom lip into his mouth, glancing up at the ceiling, either in embarrassment or annoyance. probably both, and mutters, "my car broke down, and it's literally pouring outside and uh.." he rubs the side of his face, another indication of his indignation, "well, you're the only person i know around here and i was wondering if i could like..."

"stay here until the weather gets better?" you sigh, noting the hair matted to his forehead as he nods. "sure," you reply, watching his shoulders sag in relief, "but only if you change your clothes, because you're dripping wet."

you turn around, silently cursing at the way you said those last few words. your cheeks grow hot when rafe snickers, catching onto it too.

not checking to ensure that he's following you, you make your way back up the stairs, "i have something for you to wear."

you don't look at him as you hand him a hoodie and pair of sweatpants from your wardrobe, hoping he doesn't see how flustered you are.

from the corner of your vision though, you see his eyebrows flick up. "there are literally my clothes," he chuckles, and you want to die of embarrassment. you hope he doesn't notice the fact that'd you'd picked them from the top of the pile. (they're comfy to sleep in, okay?) "these are from when you threw up on yourself at that one bonfire and sarah made me give you my—"

"yes! yes, i remember, it was mortifying. i think about it too often," you blurt, finally facing him and crossing your arms over each other, trying to make yourself as small as you feel. "my bathroom is over there," you point towards a door behind your shoulder, "get dressed, 'cus you smell."

he says nothing, settling for rolling his eyes while walking towards the bathroom, and shuts the k door. you ignore how there was a subtle shine when he'd realized you still wore his clothes.

you settle on trying to finish your homework, and while you do, you hear your shower turn on. good, you think, knowing you'll have more time to focus instead of bickering with him. still , you swallow a lump in your throat at the thought of rafe in your shower, and squeeze your eyes shut. stop being a perv.

after about 15 minutes, a few after the water was turned off, the door cracks open, and you glance over to find rafe make his way to you, wearing the sweats, and of course, no hoodie. you again focus on your work, but you feel as he leans himself over your chair and watch as you complete calculus questions.

you can't concentrate, feeling the heat radiate off him, him arms on either side of your preifereal vision, and you groan, "do you mind— hey!" you whip your head over, and glare at the man towering over you, "did you use my body wash?!"