parties, enemies & desires - sargeant-bxrnes

The Cameron family. They've been your next door neighbors for over 12 years. Your family moved to Outer Banks, specifically on the Figure 8 side, because your father is Ward Cameron's business partner.

As a result, your family and the Cameron family often had meetings, which meant you started spending time with the Cameron children.

From the first moment the two of you met, it was clear you and Sarah would be best friends, you had had an immediate connection, even if at that time had been over the latest Barbie model that had come out; it was a good connection.

And also from the first moment you talked to Rafe Cameron, you knew you and him wouldn't get along.

He was self-centered, annoying, cocky, towered over you way too easily, and had that stupid grin that made you want to punch him.

And that has not changed over the years.

You and Sarah are best friends, you're always attached to the hip, and that drives Rafe insane; he stands being around you as much as you stand being around him, which is nothing.

Sarah thought the whole situation was funny: you and Rafe hating each other for years and for no good reason.

You'd often tell her you didn't need a reason if it was her brother you were talking about, but Sarah would just laugh and nod her head in an ironic way, saying that you were in denial. Of what? You had no fucking idea.

Every time Rafe spoke, he would say something that would make your eyes roll. That's how much of an asshole he is.

Also, there was that stupid smirk that appears on his lips when he knows you're furious, and it makes you want to punch him and—no. Just punch him. Nothing else.

To everyone you could deny, but you couldn't deny to yourself how attractive Rafe is. When he was little, Rafe was a pretty boy, with those big blue eyes, dirty blond hair and that little smile.

But now? He's tall, lean, with that same ocean blue eyes, sharp jawline, and that smile that caused things in you that you didn't want to put a name to.

"You ready?" Sarah's voice startled you slightly, causing you to jump slightly and almost ruin your makeup.

"Yes." you said with a nod, putting your lipstick away in your purse.

Today's plan was to go to a party a few blocks away, you had every intention of having a good time. Of course, that meant you would have to ignore Rafe all night, since he would also be attending the party.

"Are you two ready?!" Rafe's voice was heard from downstairs, echoing through the house. "I don't have all fucking day. Hurry the fuck up!"

"We're coming!" Sarah shouted back, slightly desperate at her older brother's insistence.

"It's not our fault that you don't know how to dress up and always look the same!" you added after. You wanted to say 'look as ugly' but you knew it would be a lie, a very bad one at that.

"Oh, and you, out of all people, are supposed to know how to dress up?!" Rafe's tone was a mocking one, you couldn't see him but you knew he had that stupid little smirk you hate so much on his lips.

You didn't answer, and left the room along with Sarah, starting down the stairs quickly so as not to keep him waiting any longer.

Rafe was seconds away from making another mocking comment, but all thoughts went out of his head as soon as he saw you coming down the stairs in a red dress, which fitted all the right places of your body.