fair play - me

You wake up to kisses on your neck, an arm wrapped around your waist, and a sore back. Your legs are tangled with Rafe's beneath his bedsheets as the warmth of his touch starts to consume you again. You open your eyes but quickly let them slide closed again once you see through the open window a bright blue sky, telling you the sun rose hours ago; what's a little more wasted time?

"Mmm," you groan, not yet lively enough for conversation but still wanting to make your awareness known.

Rafe smiles and presses a kiss to your shoulder. " 'S that mean 'I love you' in some other language?" The arm slung over your body comes back to life, and his hand rubs along your waist and hip.

You keep your eyes closed and face nuzzled into the pillow, soaking in the feeling of his touch and the mid-morning breeze through the window. "My back hurts."

"Oh, my poor baby," he coos, kissing your jaw and before propping himself up on his elbow and slipping his hand from your waist up to your face to brush your hair out of the way. "Did I fuck you too good last night?" Another kiss, this time to your cheek. "I'll make a note for next time."

Bastard.

You turn away from him, grumbling out the words Shut up as you start pulling the covers over your head. He grabs your wrist before you're too far gone, laughing to himself something sweet that has your heart reeling back to him, and he puts more of his weight on you with his arm wrapping around you much tighter. His muscles flex against you and he smells of coffee and oakmoss cologne and everything that feels like home.

"Come on, love, you know I'm just teasing." He knows he's more convincing this way, when he lays the charm on thick, but you're stubborn this morning. Maybe he did fuck you too good. Your silence makes him impatient, and he gently pinches your arm. "Baby?"

You groan again, trailing off to shut him down. You could get used to this, having him love on you all day in bed as you stay somewhere between sleep and cognizance.

"Baby." He pouts. He gives another kiss to your shoulder and he thinks he might die if you don't return the favor soon.

You shuffle in his arms, turning your body to face his and hooking your leg over his waist. "Rub my back, please?"

After pressing a kiss to your temple, he answers, "Of course." His frown is quickly replaced by a big grin and a spark in his heart. Without pulling you from his chest, he shifts to lay on his back and pulls you to lay on him with your legs now straddling his waist, mussing the sheets further by doing so. Your weight on his body in full just feels right, like he should keep you glued to him. "In exchange for a kiss?"

You smile against his skin, letting your hands roam to feel him, smooth beneath you. You kiss his collarbone and his hands press against your lower back, soothing your aches just right, and you quickly press your lips to the other side of his chest to pay him back.

Planting your hands against his chest, you lift your head. Rafe looks good like this, with morning light and a backdrop of ivory silk sheets, and you quickly lean in to taste the coffee on his lips. His arms curl a little tighter against you, hands rub a little firmer, and he smirks into your kiss as one hand presses between your shoulder blades, warmth erupting in your stomach. You pull away and he chases your lips, though you leave him with only a peck to the corner of his mouth. The playful smile you wear makes him fall that much harder.

You let your head rest against him and his hands resume their job. It feels so natural, laying with him in nothing but your underwear; he brings you a comfort no one has before, and as his rough and calloused hands caress your skin you can only think about how lucky you are to see this side of him.