ice breaker pt 2

Y/N jerked awake at the sound of water running. She sat up in a strange bed and looked around, pushing her hair out of her eyes. Where the hell am I? She gaped at her surroundings.

As she took in the sparse decorating and dark, masculine furniture, it all came back to her. Flushing crimson, Y/N looked down at her naked body and groaned as she smacked a hand to her forehead. She didn't think she'd had that much to drink last night but here she was, in a stranger's bed.

She heard footsteps outside the room and looked towards the open doorway just as Rafe appeared, wearing sweats and no shirt. Her mouth went instantly dry and she stared slack-jawed at him.

"Good morning, beautiful." Rafe said in a sweet, low voice that sank through her body to settle low in her abdomen.

As he crossed the room towards her, Y/N remembered that she was stark naked and yanked the bed covers up over her chest. Rafe chuckled and sat down beside her, tugging on the sheets. She clung to them, giggling nervously when he pulled a little harder. He gave them a hard yank and she toppled towards him with an exclamation. She let go of the blanket to stop herself from landing face first in his lap.

Rafe's strong hands gripped her arms and he pulled her up against his bare chest. She raised her eyes to his face and melted when she saw the dazzling smile on his handsome face. There was a dark glint in his sky-blue eyes and she forgot all about trying to struggle against him.

"Good morning." He repeated, his voice low and husky.

She sighed when his lips brushed across hers. "Good morning."

"Did you sleep well?"

Y/N didn't hear him at first. She was far too distracted by the strong hand sliding down her bare back. A shiver wracked her body when his long fingers found the curve of her bottom and she shifted without thinking so that he held more of her.

"Y/N?"

She dragged her eyes away from his wide smile and tantalizing lips. "What?"

Y/N moved again when he gave her ass a firm squeeze. He chuckled and the sound loosened whatever had been left coiled inside of her. She sagged against him and circled his broad shoulders with her arms.

"I'll take that as a 'yes.'" He murmured just as he brought his mouth down on hers.

Lord, but the man knows how to kiss, Y/N thought as he slanted his lips and drove his tongue inside her mouth. She felt that she could stay here forever, just kissing him. Flashes of their night together crossed her mind and she shivered at the memories. It was morning now and she felt the hard evidence that he wanted her yet again. It made her feel wondrously desirable, a feeling she was not too familiar with.

Rafe lifted his head, breaking their kiss, and Y/N's eyes fluttered open to look up at his face. He smiled at her, his breath coming faster than before, and he swept a hand over her forehead, pushing some of her hair off her face.

"Are you hungry?" His question threw cold water on her desire. "I made us some coffee, which I assume you like?"

Coffee, the liquid of the Gods. Focusing, she could smell it and wondered why she hadn't before. Y/N stretched and moaned slightly, as her body shifted between the sheets.

"You want to talk about food now?"

Rafe chuckled and bent his head to nip at her lips and her chin before answering. "I'd like to devour you, but I have practice in a couple hours."

Her face fell and she looked away. She'd shocked herself by waking up in Rafe's bedroom, but she'd quickly responded to his kiss and touch. Now, he wanted to get rid of her. He was being polite about it, but she was fooling herself if she'd had even a moment's thought of sticking around.