safe now - hotchsstuff

(warning: car crash)

it was almost 4am when rafe was awakened by his phone continuous ringing.

he stretched his arm, searching for the device on his bedside table.

"who the fuck is calling at this fucking hour" he mumbled but nonetheless answered the unknown number.

"who's it?" he was ready to hang up if it was some joke topper was pulling on him.

"are we speaking to rafe cameron?" at the unfamiliar voice, rafe sat up more straight, feeling uneasy for some reason.

when he heard the woman say your name and something remotely close to you being involved in an accident, he jumped out of the bed not even listening to what the she was trying to tell him, rummaging around to find his car keys.

shit shit shit, fucking hell

he wanted to throw up, yell at the world for being so unfair but now rafe just prayed to get to the hospital as soon as possible.

he needed to know that you were okay. you had to be okay.

as soon as his car stopped in front of the hospital entrance he sprinted out to the reception, yelling at everyone he saw to show him your room.

"please sir, if you don't calm down we'll have to escort you outside" a nurse tried to approach him but all his senses were screaming to find you, now. you needed him and they were only wasting his time.

"i'm rafe cameron" he said with a warning tone "and if you dont bring me to her right now, you all can pack your things and get fucking out!"

hearing the commotion, a doctor that was getting by stopped one of the newbys from snapping back. you don't mess with the camerons. that's rule number one.

"mister cameron, please forgive them for their bad manners. now, if you will follow me"

he would deal with them later.

when he saw you laying on the bed with a pained face he felt his world falling apart.

he rushed to your side, pulling you into his arms. he was never going to let you go out alone. he would keep you close to him every minute of the day.

"rafe!" earlier you told the nurse that you were fine and there was no need to call your emergency number "it's so late, you're gonna miss your meeting tomorrow!"

you just ruined this perfect opportunity. perfect, you thought.

"dont scare me ever again." and it was only then that you noticed that rafe was crying on the top of your head.

you only witnessed rafe cry twice in your life.

the first time was when in grade school he lost the bracelet you got him (you found it under his baseball bat a few days later) and the second time was when you got lost on an excursion organised by your school and rafe couldn't find you anywhere.

rafe never cried. crying is for weak people.

"rafe.." you tried to pull apart but he held you stronger, scared that you would disappear at any moment "it's just a scratch, look" you showed him your bruised arms and legs but that made him only more upset.

"if i catch that motherfucker" and by his darkened gaze you knew he was serious. besides, it was not the first time he got in a fight for you, but this time you weren't sure that the man that hit you would get away with only some broken ribs and a broken nose.

"no rafe! i swear im okay" you put a hand on his cheek, making him look at you "let's just go home okay? you have an important meeting tomorrow" he didn't let you finish the sentence before his expression soured and put your mumbling to a stop.

"i dont give a fuck about this job!" he yelled, catching you off guard.

how could you think that you came second to something he never wanted.

"is this why you didnt call me to pick you up from your night shift? you told me hans let you get off work earlier. you were scared you would have distracted me from my father's wishes?" he was livid now "honey let me tell you something, i told my dad three days ago that i was out of this project."

you glanced up, shocked at the revelation.

you knew how hard rafe worked to get to where he was. it made no sense.

seeing how confused you were, rafe sighed and pulled you on his lap.

"no project and no one comes before you. from now on let me pick you up from work alright?" he whispered, lips a few inches from yours "i thought i lost you tonight. let me take care of you sweet girl."

when your lips met, all your thoughts vanished.

rafe was here. you were going home together, you knew you were going to be safe.