home - hotchsstuff

you found yourself in front of rafe's room, contemplating whether to knock on his door or go back to your room and act like a big girl.

you knew you were too old to be scared of storms but you couldn't help it. the strong wind hitting on the windows made you clench your blanket closer to your chest.

you took a step back, ready to run away but the door opening made you freeze in your steps.

"what are you doing here, honey?" rafe asked you, raising an eyebrow. he knew exactly why you were standing in front of his bedroom at 2am, he just wanted to hear it from you. as if his ego wasn't big enough.

"it's raining so hard outside" you offered him a shy smile "can i sleep with you, rafie? pretty please?"

and he knew he was doomed. how could he ever say no to sweet little you?

he helped you inside, carrying in bob, the raccoon stuffed toy you insisted on bringing around. he will be sad, you said.

you crawled on rafe's king sized bed and pulled the bedsheets up to your nose, smelling his earthy scent that always gave you so much comfort when you were little and still did.

only then you noticed that his laptop screen was on and he was playing games with some friends.

"you can keep playing rafie, i'll stay super quiet, promise" you whispered, not wanting to disturb him.

rafe shook his head and murmured something to topper, through his microphone "gotta go", ignoring his friends teasings and turning off his computer.

you were about to stop him but one look from rafe and you knew that it was useless to argue with him.

he climbed on his bed to join you, pulling you close to him and making you let out a sigh of contentment.

he played with a strand of your hair, caressing your face with soft touches and sneaking the other hand under your shirt when a loud knock broke your comfortable silence.

you were about to pull apart, wanting to give rafe more space when he let out a groan.

"don't move, sweet girl" he said with a tone that did not tolerate disobedience.

"rafe cameron i told you you had to pick me up!" sarah yelled from behind the wooden door "i waited two hours under the rain!"

rafe opened the door, glancing her up and down and letting out a low chuckle.

"when did i say i would ever pick up you and your stupid friends?" he asked with a mocking tone that only made sarah more infuriated.

"you're a fucking asshole!" and the stare rafe addressed her gave her goosebumps.

"do not fucking curse." he warned her and it was at that moment that sarah noticed your presence.

rafe hated when people swore in front of you. he wanted to keep you as naive as you were. (he was the only exception)

sarah took a step in when she was abruptly stopped by a hand.

"i didn't tell you to come in" he said with a stern voice.

"she's also my friend!" sarah protested, visibly annoyed by her brother's antics. "and i haven't hung out with her in weeks because every time someone tries to talk to her you scare them off."

"because your friends are creeps." retorted rafe, crossing his arms.

you decided that it was better to pull them apart before they woke up the whole neighborhood.

you felt rafe relax under your touch and with pleading eyes you asked him to apologize to sarah for forgetting about her.

"i didn't forget, i just-" but it took one look at your teary eyes for him to mutter through clenched teeth an apology.

after promising sarah to catch up, with a very irritated rafe holding you close to his side, you crawled back to the huge bed.

"you're not allowed to hang out with freaking pogues." he stated as a matter of fact "unless you want to be punished."

you did not dare to disagree. rafe's punishments always left you with a terrible soreness the next day.

you fell asleep listening to the sound of his heartbeat while rafe watched you let out little snores and he made a silent promise to always keep you safe.

the next morning, before going to class, he made you wear his sweatshirt even though you insisted you were fine without it. "it's so hot outside rafie!" but he has always been stubborn.

with a cocky smile he accompanied you to your class, fixing his sweatshirt and giving you a soft pack on your lips, turning you into a blushing mess.

before walking away, he threw over your shoulder a menacing glance, that you didn't catch because too focused on munching the cupcake rafe got you.