we are not friends - royalstydia

Another day on the island meant another party. As the kook king's bestfriend, that meant I had to be there. He was a little on the aggressive side and I was possibly the only one that could keep him from going bat shit crazy if he saw one of the pogues.

The loud music filled my ears, as I made my way inside. Loads of people could be seen everywhere and most of them were absolutely fucked. So, in turn my first order of business was getting a drink and then of course finding Rafe.

"Hey, Y/N." I heard a voice from behind me.

I placed the bottle of alcohol back on the counter, before turning around. It was one of the dudes I sat next to in class. Sometimes we would crack jokes and what not, but that was it really. However, I was feeling nice today. So, I plastered a smile on my face and greeted him.

"How you doing? I figured you'd be here tonight." The guy said.

"I'm fine-" My response was cut short when I felt someone place their hands on the small of my back. I tensed up, before I recognized the touch as Rafe's.

"Didn't know you were here, love." He uttered, finding his place next to me.

My body was now turned to his, fully attentive on everything he said. "I was just about to come find you, baby boy."

A playful scowl made its way onto his face at the nickname. But the sight of my smile was enough to have him grinning too. I almost forgot about the guy that was standing there, until Rafe turned to look at him. It caused me to face him as well, only to find his eyes were already on me.

"This is my bestfriend, Rafe." I announced, pointing at the dirty blonde. "Rafe this is uh-" I paused when I realized I didn't know jack shit about him, including his name.

Rafe stifled a laugh, as the guy reminded me that his name was Eric.

"Yeah, so we're gonna get going. You know meet our other friends. But you have fun, Rick." I said, patting his chest and walking away, dragging Rafe along with me.

Rafe let out a loud laugh. "Eric." He stated from behind me.

I looked back at him, silently asking him what the fuck he was talking about.

"Your bitch boy's name was Eric." He told me, when we came to a stop.

I sat down on the couch, glancing at him. "Yeah? I could've swore it was Rafe." A smirk made its way onto my face.

He let out a chuckle and plopped down next to me. "No shame in being your bitch, pretty girl."

A giggle slipped past my lips, as I rested my head back onto the couch. This was a side of Rafe that no one else got to see. The smiles, the jokes, the sudden disappearance of his huge ego...just it all. When he was with me, he was no longer scary or aggressive or having to constantly fight with himself to earn his father's approval. It was like it'd be just me and him. The real him.

————

The night grew younger and Rafe was no longer by my side. Topper and Kelce had found us, resulting in them trying to get Rafe as drunk as possible. He was off doing stupid shit and usually I would be with them, but I had spotted Sarah.

We were both sat outside on the front porch, drinking and talking. We were pretty close even though her and Rafe didn't get along much. It felt like almost two hours since we'd been out here. Not gonna lie, it was a little worrying that Rafe hadn't sought me out just to make sure I was okay. It wasn't like him, considering he's always been a bit clingy. Which I never minded because I want him around just as much.