one day - sunraies

It started off with the little things, helping clasp a necklace or zipping up a dress.

He'd use those moments to steal a kiss on the soft skin of your wrist or neck, humming as he caught your smile.

He soon moved onto helping with your shoes. After having your nails perfectly manicured, you groaned as you tried buckling your heels. The stupid delicate buckle impossible to grip as your nails got in the way.

You huff, sitting back with a pout as Rafe fixed his hair in the mirror. He never slicked it back anymore as you always messed it up but he still put some moose through it, leaving it soft for you.

"What's up, baby girl?"

"These fucking nails"

He laughed and kneeled in front of you, taking your foot and resting it on his knee "I like your fucking nails" He smiled, and made quick work of sorting out your shoe.

"Thank you" you sighed before giggling as he placed a gentle kiss on your exposed ankle.

If you'd told anyone Rafe Cameron was the biggest sweetheart you knew, they wouldn't believe you. To the rest of the island he was a rich, arrogant asshole but with you, he treated you like a princess. He'd find any opportunity to hold you, kiss you and just be with you.

His lips moved up your leg, placing a trail of little kisses up to your knee. You ran your hand though his hair before gently pushing him away

"We'll be late, baby" your nails running over his scalp making him groan.

"Fuck the reservation"

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

"You wearing that tonight?" Rafe watched you check your outfit in the mirror for the millionth time. You twisted your body at different angles while he waited for you, lounging on his bed.

"Does it look ok?" You weren't sure why you were so worried. It was just a party at Topper's. Maybe it was the fact people still watched you and Rafe, even after two years being together.

He quickly discarded his phone and came up behind you as you fussed with your hair in the mirror again. "You look perfect, baby"

He moved your hair back before placing kisses on your neck. You sighed and closed your eyes as his hands roamed down to your hips, pulling you back into him.

"Hm, you smell good too?" He smiled, nose nudging your shoulder

"It's the perfume, you brought me" He'd brought you a custom perfume for your most recent birthday. It was the perfect blend, made just for you.

He loved when you wore the things he brought you.

Looking over your body in the mirror. He noticed every item of jewellery you wore was something he'd brought over the time you had been together. He glanced to your left hand, staring at you empty ring finger. One day that would own something he brought too.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

"Need help with your earrings?"

You nodded, slouched on his bed. You had a very fun night at Topper's. Dancing, singing and making out with your gorgeous boyfriend. He really was the most gorgeous human being you knew.

You'd stumbled up to his room with his hands on your waist, guiding you in your drunk state. He could handle an awful lot more than you. After challenging Kelce to shots and drinking him under the table, he realised it was best get you home.

"I love you, gorgeous" you gave him a lopsided smile, grabbing his cheeks to stop him from spinning.

He laughed at you as removed your hands, kissing your knuckles before helping you get ready for bed.

"Arms up, babe" he'd removed your jewellery knowing you hated sleeping in it, other than a small gold necklace, he had brought you on your first anniversary.

"Trying to undress me? Cheeky" you winked at him before threw your arms up anyway.

After a little bit of a struggle he finally had you in his yellow t-shirt that was now yours before going to grab your make up wipes, moisturiser and a glass of water.

You were laying on your back, having flopped backwards on his bed when he lay beside you. You whined and hit his hand away as he tried to remove your make up

"I know" He said softly as you snatched up you nose "but you'll hate me in the morning if I don't get this off you"

"I could never hate you" you turned to face him, looking in his eyes. "Your eyes are like the ocean"

He laughed as you squealed when he wiped your cheek with the damp wipe. To stop you moving away, he gently held your chin.

"There, beautiful" He kissed your forehead when he was done making you sigh and close your eyes.

You hummed, reaching for him and pulling him close to kiss him.

"Can we get nuggets?" You muttered against his lips, making him chuckle.

"In the morning, sleep time, baby girl"

He managed to get you under the covers and brushed hair away from your face as you rested on his chest. Looking down at you, he glanced to your empty left hand again. Definitely one day.

Blaze1,587 notes