jealous - rafescoke

"You're handsome."

"Oh yeah?" JJ smiled, showing her his pearly white teeth. "You're not too bad, (Y/N)."

"Just not too bad?" She glowered, and leaned closer onto the blonde boy. He stared into her eyes, feeling her body heat now that she was too close to him, and he could smell her sweet scent. She reminded him of an ice cream during a hot day.

"Fine," he huffed, and watched as her mouth morphed into a smile. "You look hot, (Y/N)."

"Thank you," she giggled, placing a soft kiss against his cheeks as he laughed along with her, putting his arms around her.

(Y/N) never really had anything with JJ, being friends with him since god knows when, but she wasn't cool with his other friends. He was there for her, and she was there for him, but they weren't what people would call as best friends.

"Where's the boyfriend?" JJ asked, a glint in his eyes. (Y/N) rolled her eyes at this, being done explaining to him that she's not dating Rafe Cameron and will never be. They were the total opposite; he's a kook, and she's a pogue.

"JJ, I don't know what to explain anymore," she grunted, resting her back against the lawn chair as she watched the partygoers dancing to the booming music. "He is not my boyfriend."

"You're always out with him," he shrugged, and (Y/N) gulped before she could answer him. After being Rafe's friend with benefits for 5 months now, she didn't think anyone would notice their relationship. They did everything in their power to keep themselves lowkey, but here JJ was; spilling everything.

"I won't judge, you know," he said, and gave her a sly smirk. "I get it if you like a kook."

(Y/N) laughed nervously, and then proceeding to cup his face in her small hands. Her breath hitched at how adorable he looked in her hands, and she felt the urge to kiss his cheeks.

"I'm not even friends with him," she rolled her eyes, and JJ swung his arms around her one more time, this time pulling her close. They stayed in silence for a few seconds before JJ pointed to a couple by the fire, saying a joke, and (Y/N) had laughed from the punchline.

She didn't know it was the humour or the alcohol taking over after how many shots of vodka since the start of the party. Whatever it was, she truly enjoyed JJ's presence; her childhood friend.

Rafe Cameron entered the party with a brunette girl he owed his father to bring, and he had never looked so miserable being in a party before. People looked at them as they made their entrance, and Rafe almost let out an annoyed groan knowing that people will talk about him and whatever the name of the girl was.

His eyes swept over the swarm of dancing bodies to look for a particular (H/C) haired girl, but she was nowhere to be seen. He sighed, continuing to walk to where they served the drinks.

"Thanks for bringing me here, Rafe," the girl said, and Rafe nodded, not wanting to make any unnecessary conversation with her. He tried to negotiate with Ward, saying how the business will still go on without him having to take whoever this girl is to the party, but Ward had insisted him to do so, saying how he should think about making his family proud.

Rafe grunted, and his feet moved towards the backyard. He was glad the girl didn't try to follow him after seeing her friends, and he didn't think he would even talk to her if she did. He didn't know what he want; he was just as confused as everyone else.

"You think so?"

His head perked up at the sound of her familiar voice, and Rafe found himself searching for her small figure. His eyes passed the couple making out by the fire, some pogue munching on a burger, someone preparing to jump into the pool and then -