air supply - ash5Monster01

Rafe Cameron was evil. Always had been. Everyone knew that, he harassed kids at school, the country club, and anywhere else he could. You weren't fond of people who had no justifiable reason to be so cruel. Rafe also had everything handed to him on a silver platter. No use being cruel to people just because they didn't have the same life surrounded by daddy's money.

You worked at the country club to pay the bills, get you off the cut, and make a life for yourself. Rafe worked at the country club because Daddy told him it would look good on his resume. You were two different people and you were the only person in the country club you wouldn't let Rafe walk all over. Everyone has struggles, there is no use making life harder than it already was, so if anyone got in your way you wouldn't let it happen.

So with your hearty work ethic, and bitter attitude towards Rafe, you hated slow days at work. The country club was built for sunny days spent by the pool, tall cool drinks in hand. But today the clouds opened up and poured buckets to the ground. You had already gotten wet covering the pool, and now there wasn't a single soul in the country club which led your boss to let most of you go for the day. So now you were angry because of the weather and the money you'd be missing out on. It also didn't help you lived in the other side of the island and had to walk home.

With your hood pulled tightly over your head and all your belongings wrapped in a plastic bag, you let out a quick huff of air before walking out into the crazy weather. You were already soaked through by the time you reached the entrance of the club and you knew you'd be frozen by the time you got home. To make matters worse, Rafe's truck slowed beside you, the hum of his passenger window rolling down filling the air as he looked at you.

"Here to gloat about the fact you have Daddy's truck and I don't?" you snipped, not in the mood to defend yourself. He was silent for a moment, a look on his face like he couldn't decide on what to do.

"As fun as that sounds I'm actually offering a ride" he finally spoke and your jaw dropped for only a second as he responded.

"This feels like a trap" you spoke, the rain dripping down your cheeks.

"It's not, I just don't want to cover your shift when you call in sick tomorrow" he said and you sighed as you thought about it. As terrible as riding with Rafe sounded, you knew he was probably right about getting sick. You still had a long way ahead of you.

"Fine, thank you" you grumbled as you tugged the door open and smacked against the seat with your heavy wet clothes.

"Here" Race reached into his backseat and pulled out a towel and a hoodie.

"I can't promise they're clean but they are dry" you pressed out a smile as you pulled the wet hoodie off, dropping it to your feet. Realizing your shirt was also soaked through you pulled it off as well, the bikini top underneath just slightly damp. You pulled Rafes hoodie over your head and used the towel to dry your legs and hair.

"You're freaking me out" you spoke as you now used the towel as a makeshift blanket, a slight shiver to your stature.

"What? I can't practice chivalry once in a while?" he asked, his long ringed finger pushing your seat heater on.

"Just not a look I'm used to on you" you muttered still unsure if you should trust him. Rafe had never been kind to you but he also was never too mean, and you always figured he wasn't since he knew you'd stand up for yourself.

Slowly silence filled the vehicle, the only noise being the low hun of the radio which you were surprised to see was playing a classics radio. You never would've figured Rafe for the type but you liked it. The music seemed like a softer side of him you might never get to see. You always hoped he had something gentle about him considering he lucked out with his looks. Yeah Rafe was a dick, but he was also hot and that sucked. He could piss you off but he still had a face you would kiss.

Your thoughts were interrupted as Every Morning by Sugar Ray started on the radio. A perfect beach song from the 90s and despite the shitty weather the song was still a feel good song. So without a thought you reached out to turn the radio up, but at the same time Rafe did too. Your hands bumped together, and electric shock jolting through you. Your heart doubled in speed, because no way a slight touch from Rafe Cameron could make you feel like that.

"Sorry" Rafe offered as he finally turned the song up. Maybe you two weren't as different as you thought.

"You like Sugar Ray?" you asked, not bothering with his lame apology.

"I surf and live near a beach. We all like Sugar Ray" you giggled lightly, your response bringing a smile to his face.

"Okay, guilty pleasure surf song then" you pointed at him, shifting your body to face his own.

"Soak Up the Sun by Sheryl Crow" this response brought a belly laugh out of you which widened the grin on his face.

"Classic, mine would have to be Island in The Sun by Weezer" you told him and he nodded as he accepted this answer.

"That is also a great one, I'll give it to you Y/N. Didn't think you were the type of girl to enjoy stuff like that" you furrowed your eyebrows, now curious what he actually thought of you.

"What kind of girl did you take me for?" you found yourself asking, curious as to what he could've made of you.

"A hard ass" you snorted slightly, resulting in his lips to twitch into a small grin. "You work your ass off at the club, and I remember you being crazy smart in school. I always figured you were just to preoccupied to enjoy things like Weezer"

"Yeah well I didn't think you were the type either" you told him and he chuckled as he pulled into your neighborhood. You were surprised he knew where you lived, but decided not to ask questions.

"This ride wasn't the horror movie I expected" you told him and he turned to smile at you, the hoodie of his pooled around you like a blanket.

"Actually, me too" he said pushing the car into park. The rain still clambered heavily down onto the vehicle but the heavy air between you two was less right now. Almost like there was a sense of understanding settling around you both.

"I don't do this often so please don't be weird about?" you spoke and he gave you a confused look. Then suddenly you were leaned across the center counsel and giving him a hug. "Thank you for the ride"

"Anytime" his large hand rested on your back and you pulled away to give him a small smile. Suddenly you realized you had never been this close to him before, your breath getting caught in your throat as you looked at him. Out of all the things that could've happened today you didn't expect this.

In a moment of courage Rafe lifted his other hand the your wet hair and moved your mouth to his, humming in satisfaction as he breathed you in like his air supply. The sensation made your eyes flutter shut as you gripped the front of his shirt, tugging him closer to you. Once he realized you were into the kiss as much as he was the hand on your back wrapped around to pull you flush to him. Slowly he bit your lip, your mouth parting which he used to stick his tongue inside, exploring you as much as you'd let him.

The electric feeling from when you touched hands tingled through every part of you and you realized your friendly hug had led you to making out with Rafe like stupid teenagers for the hell of it. Yet the way he was currently making you feel made it all worth it as his hands explored your body, warming you in all the ways you couldn't. The only thought on your mind being you wished it would rain more often from now on. Slowly you broke apart of air, your chests heaving against each other as you realized the magnetic pull between you.

"Thanks again for the ride" you breathed and he nodded, lips swollen, and cheeks flushed.

"Yeah, thank you" you giggled lightly at his flustered response and you grabbed your bag and wet clothes from down by your feet.

"Never knew I could make Rafe Cameron blush" you quipped as you tossed the towel against his chest, snapping him a bit out of his daze.

"I'm not blushing" he defended as you pushed open the door. Giggling you smacked a quick kiss to the corner of his mouth before hopping out into the rain.

"Don't worry, it's cute"