Chapter 3

- Mia's POV -

I climbed out of the car and rushed myself to the front door, not looking back, I unlocked the front door and ran upstairs. I threw my shirt on the bed and ran to my bathroom for a shower.

I lost track of time, due to my focus on the water raining on me. The peace was over the moment everyone downstairs started screaming, laughing and talking. They were all so loud, it became hard for me to stay calm and focus on the peace. "That's it!" I thought. I climbed out of the bath-tub and dried myself, eventually wearing my clothes.

I walked down stairs, I saw Letty on Dom's lap, Ramsey sitting near Derek and Brian standing opposite me, across the room. "Hey!" he said.

"Heyya babe." I said as I walked towards him and kissed him lightly.

"You okay?" everyone stopped as Brian said that.

"Yeah, why?" I tried to avoid the truth.

"You walked down the stairs like you wanted to kill someone." he said... too late, can't hide it now.

"Umm..." I was going to say something until the front door opened and Isabel walked through, surprisingly with Michael, Jack and Natalie.

"Mom walked down the stairs like that because you guys were making far too much noise for her liking." Isabel said.

"That sounds a lot like mom!" Jack said as he walked towards me and hugged me, while Isabel hugged Brian and Natalie hugged Derek, her brother. Everyone in the house laughed, it made a tiger cub jump and roll out of the basket it was in.

Everyone became silent and looked at the cub. "That is for you, birthday girl." Dom said.

"Wait? I get a tiger cub as a birthday present?" Isabel sounded surprised.

"Well, yes. I wanted to give you something that is alive and can make you happy at the saddest times." Dom responded, as Isabel jumped and hugged him. I watched him wrap his arms around her tighter. It made me happy, how he could love someone who hasn't been in his life for so long. His niece, the one he just met today, he is holding like she was in his life all along. It was so lovely to see them both happy, to see everyone happy.

"Your dad gets you a Koenigsegg, and your street racing family gives you a trophy... I thought of adding something amazing to that list." Dom said as he pointed at the cub... who was heading towards Isabel.

"Seems like he already likes you." Michael said as we all walked towards the couches and sat on them.

"I love him!" Isabel screamed as she cuddled the cub in her arms, both of them looked like they were seeing each other for the first time after so long. It made me laugh.

"What are you gonna name him?" Ramsey asked.

"I need help with that." Izzy responded as she placed the cub on her lap and watched him play with her legs.

"Well we can help." Letty answered.

"Describe him." Natalie said.

"How does that help?" Brian asked.

"Names normally come from a signature feature of the pet. Like if it is fluffy, name him fluffy. If he has a lightning line thingy on this back, name him lightning. And if he has a patch on this eye, name him patch." Derek said, it was smart, what he said.

"Nice and creative, huh?" Jack teased.

"We had a puppy once." Natalie said.

"The one you named Spots and lost?" Isabel asked, mocking Natalie and Derek.