Chapter 16

- Dom's POV -

The way back home was very quiet as all of the ladies fell asleep. Thanks to them we all had access to their purses and knew where the car keys were. Hence, we, men, had to drive them home in our own cars. The young ones were still awake... the boys, not girls.

I drove my car home and played a song in a low volume. It kept me awake and alive for the drive. Since we were all too full to race back home, we drove there quietly and in a stealth manner. Hobbs and Brian drove behind all of us to keep an eye on the kids and to see if anyone was following us.

By the time we got home, we were all half asleep and had no energy to move around. So we just went to our rooms and dropped on the bed, falling asleep in what we wore for dinner. The silence made falling asleep easier.

Until I had woken up in the middle of my sleep. The silence covered the atmosphere and woke only myself in the middle of the night. Well, it felt like the middle of the night. I could not sleep and fell restless. Too restless to even lay silently beside Letty. So I got out of bed and walked down the hallway, heading to the cafeteria floor.

To my surprise, for some reason, I found Angel eating some Ben & Jerry's ice scream by the counter. It made me smile to know that I was not the only one awake at a time like this. I know understood why Letty said she was more like me than ever.

"Let me guess, couldn't sleep?" I asked her, not knowing I startled her.

"You scared me." she sighed of relief when she saw me.

"Sorry baby." I said as I planted a kiss on her forehead.

"It's okay. I woke up and couldn't sleep. Then started to wander around. Then got hungry." she summarized for me.

"Oh okay." I smiled as I grabbed a spoon and started to eat some ice scream with her.

"So what are you thinking about?" she asked me, out of the blue, after five good minutes of silence. Not that the talking was bad or anything.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"The mission and everyone involved?" she suggested.

"I have no idea. I have a good and bad feeling about it. There are too many of us and that might make everything harder for us." I smiled to her, trying not to come across to her as rude and judgemental.

"Same. We could like do two different cases at the same time with this many people." she laughed and giggled, which made me smile and happy.

"It's right. What people say about daughters softening their fathers' heart?" Brian said, appearing out of the blue.

"I agree." Angel smiled, in a very cheeky manner.

"You're up too?" I asked him.

"Heard some laughter and walked towards it. Hopefully no one else wakes up after us." he smiled as he sat beside me.

"Agreed." I said.

- Letty's POV -

It was not very hard to know that those two had been up late night. Dom was not in his bed and Angel was not even in her bed. Mia texted me saying she found them on food court floor... with Brian. She had also asked me to have a quick check on the other kids, to make sure they were in their right places. And they were.

"They ate ice scream last night." Mia whispered across the room as the three of them slept. I watched her through the box of the ice scream into the bin.

"I am not surprised." I smiled as I saw her look at who ever stood behind me.

"Good morning sweet heart." she said as I turned to find Jack behind m. He still looked sleepy. Like a zombie who was disturbed in their supposed eternal sleep.