Chapter 9

- Isabel's POV -

Dad was chasing me around the whole hotel. My heart was beating faster than I wanted it to. I wanted a break from all of this running. I looked left and right, there was nowhere to hide. The lobby was wide and extremely long. I wanted to sit on the chairs that sat on the side of the lobby. But I kept running ahead of dad, eventually running out of breath. I took a left and bumped into Angel, "Turn around! My dad is chasing me!" she screamed.

"Same here!" I said as I turned around after seeing Uncle Dom's figure. My dad was slowing down to catch a breath, giving me enough time and space to run into the corridors ahead of me.

"Really? Why are we now running in the same direction?" I screamed as I ran, thinking that she wouldn't hear me if I talked in a normal tone.

"Coincidence?" she suggested, screaming like I was.

"Umm... okay." I screamed in response to what she said to me, feeling clueless to what I should say next.

"Did you bump into anyone else, little O'Connor?" she asked me as she turned her head a bit to face me.

"Yeah, I bumped into Natalie and my brother... they both are running in the wrong directions." I said, slowing down a bit. I was not worrying as I knew my uncle and dad where far away from us, but still chasing us.

"What about you?" I asked her.

"Huh?" she responded, also slowing down her pace.

"Who did you bump into, little Toretto?" I asked her.

"I bumped into you just now -" I cut her off while she was answering my question.

"Anyone else?" I asked her as I started to pick up my pace and run a little faster.

"I bumped into Tiffany, Kathleen, Nicholas and Derek. They all passed me and headed the other way." She answered as she turned to face me.

"Heyya Michael!" I shouted to Michael as he stood in front of a room door.

"Do all of us a favour, run around the whole place quickly... try and lose the adults then make your way here; into this room. And tell everyone else to do the same... but don't run together. And try and stay away from Hobbs' sight." Michael said as he slowly shut the room door and locked it. I heard the keys turn in the door.

"Okay." I shouted before he could shut and lock the room door. I smiled a mischevious and devious smile.

"You have a crazy idea now... don't you?" Angel asked me.

"Yup!" I responded as I took a right, "You take the left!" I shouted and ordered her.

"Okay!" she shouted as she ran to the direction of left.

I smiled, because I know that my dad had already lost sight of me and I needed to help someone else to get their adult chaser to lose sight of them. I had an idea to how I should do that. I pulled out my phone from my jacket pocket and drew a pattern on the screen to unlock it. I called the rest of the "kids" - as the adults like to call us - on Whatsapp. Everyone picked up.

"Got some news for us?" Nicholas asked as he panted over the phone.

"Yup... a plan in fact." I responded.

"Great. Spill it to us!" Derek shouted over the phone.

"Yeah. It involves running even faster and being sync." I said as if it was a problem.

"We're willing." Jack said, he sounded sober.

"You're sober?" I asked him.

"Dropped down at a restaurant and asked for a glass of ... apparently that's free." Jack answered with an almost sarcastic laugh.