Chapter 18

- Isabel's POV -

When the meeting was done, I headed to my dorm. For some reason, I felt empty and incomplete. I only got the feeling once everyone had received their roles. Far too many people had protested about their roles. But they eventually accepted. All the newbies protested; to be more specific. Which honestly pissed me off the most.

Someone was knocking at my door. "Can I come in?" a voice like Michael's said from outside.

"Sure." I said as I sat up on my bed and anxiously waited for him to enter my room.

I watched him walk into my bedroom with a packet of marsh mallows in his hand. "I bought these for you." he said, "And I found a little cub running around the corridors. I believe Royal belongs to you." he smiled as I stared at him hand over the marshes to me along with my cub. I wrapped my arms around my little friend and held him close to me.

"Thanks." I said after petting Royal for a good ten seconds.

"Anything for you." he smiled as he asked if he could sit on my bed.

"Go ahead." I smiled as I continued to pet Royal.

"Where is Hunter by the way?" I asked him.

"With his rightful owner." he smiled as he watched me. I stopped petting Royal and dropped him on my bed. We watched Royal run and jump around my bed until he rested himself on one of my pillows.

"How come you're not tired?" he asked me. I looked up, a bit too quickly.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"During the meeting... you seemed like you were going to fall on the ground, out of tiredness. Kinda why your dad made sure that the meeting could end as soon as possible." he said. I lifted one of my eye brow and smiled at him, mischievously.

"Right, Little Miss Trickster." he smiled as he moved a strand of hair from my face... on of the strands from my bang.

"Exactly." I smiled at him as I watched the needles in his watch tick the time away.

"That was a gift from your dad." he said as he watched me watch his watch.

"Right." I smiled.

"So, you're just sitting here on your own... doing nothing?" he asked me.

"I am not on my own." I said as I stared at Royal and then at him. I sounded like I was flirting, but mentally denied it.

"But before?" he said as he grabbed my hand and held it in his.

"I was listening to music while looking through recent snaps on my Snapchat." I lied... sort of. I mean I was doing that before mentally whining about the meeting.

"Okay." he smiled as I shifted to lay down on my bed and stare at the tiny glow in the dark stars that lit up my room... a little bit.

"So what are you thinking about now?" he asked me as he moved to lay down beside me.

"Everything." I suggested.

"Seriously?" he asked as he turned his whole body to face mine.

"I guess." I said as I at up straight.

"You're not going to tell me, are you?"

"Nope."

"Yay for me!" he said sarcastically as he sat up straight and started to draw lazy circles on my shoulder.

"Lazy circles... really?" I smiled as he stared at me.

"Wanna do something real?" he asked.

"Depends on where this is going." I smirked at him.