Chapter 17

- Jack's POV -

I walked passed the kitchen and peeked in. As I did, I saw Isabel, Tiffany, my dad, Uncle Dom and the rest of the original crew... but my mom and Aunt Letty, were hovering over the table. On it, was a giant- map- like- paper with writings of markers on it. I was in a hurry to get to where I had to be, so didn't waste any time trying to find out what they were all working on. I headed to Natalie's room. I knocked on the door. And to my surprise, within a few seconds, she had opened it.

"Come in." Natalie said as she walked deeper into her room.

"Thanks." I said, following her. She wore a tank top and shorts. She walked bare feet and her hair was in a high ponytail, revealing the little tiara tattoo on her neck. The one she got when she had turned 16. Which was almost half a year ago. It was the very time the other two (my sister and Samantha) had gotten theirs.

"I'm sorry." I said, bringing myself back to the reason for why I came here.

"I forgive you." she said almost immediately after me, then she looked at me, waiting for my response and reaction.

I was confused, "How come you forgave me so easily and quickly?"

"We do not need any more drama for this mission. Plus I think you have gone through enough torture and punishment." she smiled at me, lovingly. She changed her facial expression changed almost too quickly as she spoke spoke, "Also... I heard our parents say that we would have to pair up for the mission. And, well, I want to pair up with you."

"Thanks... for forgiving me. I also do want to be your partner." I smiled at her, warmly. I watched her move to her window and sit on the couch beside the actual window. I joined her. She turned her head to face me and smiled at me, later resting her head on my chest. I sat behind her and hugged her from the back.

"Did you know I was outside the door that you opened it really quickly? Or did you just open the door because you knew that someone was standing outside?" I asked her, watching her move her body posture to almost sleeping in my arms. She was leaning against my chest.

"Both... I heard footsteps outside and figured it was you. So I opened the door." she smiled, I could tell she was nervous. She lifted her head to face me and her eyes were looking deep into mine.

"Do you want to move to another topic?" I asked her, hoping she would say yes.

"I would love that." she said, still smiling at me.

"So..." I extended towards the end.

"When do we get to go on a normal and romantic date?" she asked me. The topic was changed... completely. I smiled in hesitation, hoping she did not know.

"Probably after the mission?" I suggested to her.

"Okay." she smiled at me as she hugged my arms tightly.

"I missed you too and okay." I replied to her as I hugged her and kissed her on her forehead.

"I wish we could be out of this mission for a while, then return when we are ready." she sighed as she spoke.

"I love you. But you and I both know we can't do that." she lifted her head up so that she could see my face and I could see hers. I kissed the tip of her nose.

"I miss street racing." she smiled as she looked at me.

"Me too." I smiled at her as she lifted her head, moving it closer to mine and kissed me on my cheek.

"I love you." she whispered in my ears.

"I love you too." I said back to her. I kissed her on her lips and she kissed me back.