Chapter 25

- Mia's POV -

"How is she?" everyone, including Brian and I, jumped up to ask the doctor, as his appearance fell into sight.

"She is going to be fine. She just needs rest and time to heal. The bullet didn't go in that deep, but it still managed to get in her. It was easy to take out. But whatever it is that you guys are doing right now... she can't do it. She will get hurt even more. We just want her to heal and then choose." the doctor said. He was apparently the man who would deal with any of our injuries and only ours...he'd get paid a lot by Mr. Nobody... as long as he kept his mouth shut.

After the words of the doctor were spoken, they echoed through my head as I stood there, trying to analyse and understand what exactly it was that he had just said.
I turned to face Brian, he was looking at the ground, his head down while his eyes were wide open with awareness.

Within seconds, all of us had sat down already, back in our places. I sat back on my chair too. But my eyes were still focused on Brian.
"Brian." I whispered his name. He refused to look up at me. He placed his arm on my thigh and released a sigh of relief.

- Jack's POV -

"She should be awake by now!" the little feminine voice whined.

"Calm down. She's asleep." I smiled as I walked up to the young female whose attitude and manners resembled that of a child.

"I thought you said she came to see me! Why is she asleep right now then?!" Isabel shouted in her whispering voice.

"Just let her be." I said, sitting myself near Isabel as we both focused on Angel's sleeping body. Her face hid under her hoodie which hid behind her arms.

"No normal being falls asleep when they were meant to keep an eye on someone and keep them company when that person wakes up." she complained.

"Which is why I am here. She stayed up all day. While I slept during the day, just so I could successfully keep an eye on you." I told her, patting her knee as she grinned at me.

"Why bother coming if you are going to fall asleep?" she questioned.

"She was forced to come here. And why stay up all night just to sleep during the day?" I smiled at her.

"I realized, all the adults come during the day, whereas at night, it's you guys. Why is that?" for some reason, that answered my question.

"The adults think it's safer for them to do the mission... in case something like this happens again, but to more people. So during the day, they come here and act like they gave up on the plan, whereas they spend their nights working on it. Leaving us behind. Well, some of us." I replied.

Her eyes widened, "Some?"

"Tiffany and Nicholas backed out. Nicholas left for some family reasons. Tiffany is somewhat in and out. She doesn't want to die or have to face someone dying, she is struggling to make her mind up. Natalie is diagnosed with Pick disease... so she backed out of it. Derek still hasn't made his mind up. Michael discovered - somehow - of a possible living relative, from his mother's side. So you can guess his decision. Kathleen is staying because of her dad choosing to stay." I told her, not looking at her the whole time.

"And Angelina? Is she staying?"

I nodded.

"What about you?" she asked, making me look at her.

"I..."

She cut me off, "Whatever you choose, you can't regret it later." she advised.

"If I stay, I might regret death. If I leave, I might regret not living." I sighed. She looked away from me and settled her head on my shoulder.