Chapter 23

Thank you all for co-operating with me and sorry for any typo's in this. I kind of rush to finish each chapter when writing them.
Anyways, my main point of this message was to say that I am letting a new character have their own POV because... well... it's more interesting. And because they have a very important upcoming role on their own. And that lucky character is Quinn! Yes, the newest newbie!

And please don't forget to vote!

- Brian's POV -

I looked around. Everyone was busy talking to someone. The view I had stood at a high level than the deck. The silence I happened to have been consumed by was broken and destroyed by recognisable footsteps to my ear.

"I heard about you and Michael." I turn around, Isabel stands within my sight. Her arms wrapped around herself... as if she was cold and vulnerable.

She walks towards me, staying silent.

"How are you?" I asked her, wrapping one of my arms around her and planting a light kiss on the top of her head.

"I don't know. I mean, everything feels so out of place. I feel responsible for all of it." her voice was shaky and nothing like it was earlier this morning.

"Well, convince yourself that you are not responsible for any of this." I advised her. It always did work for her, why not now?

"Too late. I convinced myself that it was all my fault." she frowned, no longer looking at my face. I wrapped both of my arms around her, holding her close to me. We stood in silence, looking at the happy little view of people that unfolded beneath us.

"What's on your mind?" I asked her.

Her head slowly tilts up to see mine, "The clouds."

"What about them?" I asked her.

"Living among them. The whole puffy thing is like a dream. I want that. A perfect and quiet life that won't be disrupted by anything." she smiles, looking back at them. I let her go and sat on the sun-chair behind me. She turned around and did the same.

"Well, it's nice to know that you haven't changed much." I smiled as she just looked around her.

"I don't think anyone ever actually does. I mean, they only develop and part of their old self is just hidden, but is still there." she stated. Even though she was my own daughter, talking to her wouldn't feel like it.

"But sometimes, you have to force to be the person you were to keep everyone smiling. Even after you know that it is long gone and no longer part of you." I looked her. Her eyes widened and she stared at me.

"Da..." she looked at me confused. But I managed to cut her off, "Sweetie, just be yourself. And take a break if that will help you be you. Get yourself together and once you have done that, do feel free to step back in with us. Or go into a hide and keep doing so until we all confirm to you that our target has been eliminated and you are safe to roam the world." I looked at her, her eyes were still wide. But she froze at where she was.

"Dad..." she managed to say, her eyes still wide and shocked. "How did you..."

I cut her off, "How did I know?"

She nodded.

"The fact that you are with Michael and brought Quinn here. And the lack of fights between you and Jack." I smiled at her, knowing the last part would brighten her current mood.

"Lack of fights? Really?" Mia walked in from behind us.

"It is true though." I smile as Mia starts to stroke her own daughter's hair.