Chapter 2

- Isabel's POV-

I woke up late on my own birthday and when I did, I heard nothing. It was as if I was left alone at home. It hit my head, I fell asleep downstairs on the couch, how did I end up here? I thought of that for a while... for a very long time. I stayed lying down on my bed until around 8:55.

I went into the bathroom in my bedroom. I sighed at my reflection, I look like both my parents, but more like my dad. That fact made me smile. I left my bathroom and headed to my walk in wardrobe, I grabbed a shirt and my light blue jeans shorts. I changed my outfit and headed downstairs... turns out I was alone.

I walked towards the kitchen and had break fast on my own. "What a beautiful birthday?" I said aloud. Apparently, now I was thinking out loud. I stuffed my face with the last spoon of Crunchy Nuts and made my way to the tap. I washed my bowl and spoon, then put them back into the cupboard and drawer that I got them out of.

I headed upstairs to my bedroom and sat on my bed. This is the worst birthday ever. About half an hour later, at exactly 10:00 (in the morning) I got a text from an anonymous number saying: "Look outside your bedroom window! And hope you have a happy birthday!" I smiled and jumped at the text. I ran to the window, guess I was wrong about my birthday being horrible. My dad stood outside with a Koenigsegg CCXR Special Edition. The car was black with red frames. It was a beautiful car... and definitely a beautiful present.

I ran downstairs and out the front door. I jumped onto my dad and hugged him tightly. "Is this for me?" I said, sounding extremely surprised.

"Who else is it for? My little princess." he said lovingly.

"You actually bought this for me?" I couldn't stop hugging my dad.

"Anything for you sweety."

"Oh my gosh dad!" I screamed. Dad just laughed in response.

"Wanna go for a ride?" dad whispered into my ear as he released me from his arms.

"Can we?" I begged him.

"Yes. You can drive us anywhere you want to go." I jumped in the air again and hugged him. I climbed into the car, into the driver's seat. I started the engine and adjusted the break, then froze. My dad just found out that I know how to drive. I looked at him, scared. "I caught your brother the other night go street racing, I saw you there with him too." he said, his voice neutral. Not angry or happy, just neutral.

"Dad... look, I am so sorry." I felt guilty.

"Don't be. I let your brother get away with it. I wanted to talk to him in the middle of the night, after I carried you to your bed. I want to know why you guys hid it from your mom and I."

"Dad..." I paused then continued, "does mom know?"

"No. It can stay as our little secret." he smiled and I hugged him. He pushed me away, leaving me confused, "Start driving else all the petrol will be wasted on this."

"Oh, of course." I turned back to the steering wheel and hit the accelerator. I was driving the car for the first time, and with my dad. I couldn't be happier... I think.

I drove the car, I mean my car, forward and randomly took the third exit out. We were on the highway and I kept driving forward. "Keep your eyes on the road." dad said.

"Okay dad." I said, still smiling happily.

"That's my baby." he said as he took my hand and kissed the top of it.

"Dad?"

"Yes?"

"How come you are not angry that Jack and I kept all of this away from you and mom?"