003

"You okay?" He asked her as he watched from a distance, busying himself by opening a new pack of tissues

"Huh? Oh. Uhm yeah, thanks." She muttered as she dabbed at her eyes with a tissue, nervously glancing in the mirror as she finally realised how she looked at that moment.

"Can't believe this is how we end up talking for the first time.." he chuckled lightly as she smiled, looking down.

"Can't go by without any drama between us. You're my rival after all." She joked back for the first time that night, as he chuckled some more at their media assumed relationship.

"It's hard to believe it. We've been in the same company for...I don't even remember how many years now. But this is how we first talk." He chuckled as she nodded.

"I mean...by the time I joined Hybe you already debuted. Even before that, we weren't in the same teams at any of the cross-company trainee camps from when I was at YG." She reminisced as he sighed nodding.

"That's because you were always too good. The untouchable trainee, rookie monster, Jennie Kim." He said pointedly, chatting as if they had been friends for ages.

"Oh god, those nicknames don't mean anything..." she waved off as he scoffed.

"You've come too far to be humble now. You were given them for a reason. No other trainee has been featured on three tracks from top charters before even debuting. You were, and still are, talented Jennie." He told her before bending down and pulling out a bottle of water.

"So that brings me to my question..." he started as he opened the bottle and handed it to her.

"Why is The Jennie Kim running down a backstage hallway in tears?" He questioned as she sighed, knowing this question was coming as she took a sip from the water bottle and placed it down.

"I just ran into someone, and it caused a little bit of trouble." She answered rather vaguely as he rose an eyebrow.

"That is not giving me a lot to work on." He commented before stopping himself and running a hand through his hair.

"No, you know what, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked without us knowing each other that well. Let me rephrase this, if you want to talk about it, I've heard it's easier letting it out to a stranger than someone you're close to. Less pressure and disappointments." He offered as she sunk back into her chair.

"You know what...you're right. What do I have to lose." She breathed as he braced himself to hear what had caused her so much distress.

"You...." She paused as she swallowed nervously.

"Are you close to Choi Wooyoung?(fictional character)" she asked after a moment, rather lowly, as he thought for a moment.

"You mean the one from Shadow?" He confirmed as she only nodded, not saying anything more.