019

"You guys are terrible at cooking

"You guys are terrible at cooking." Jennie commented as she finally stood up and walked over to the kitchen.

"Hey, we're at least trying!" Taehyung countered as he passed her a slice of cucumber.

"That's why I'm telling you, move over. Let me do it." Jennie muttered as she took off the overcoat paired with her dress, clipped up her hair, and washed her hands.

"Do you know how to cut beef?" Jimin asked skeptically, leaning over the counter as the latter rolled her eyes.

"Jimin, not everyone is as incapable in the kitchen as you both." She began chuckling, turning into laughter at the look of horror on Jimin's face at her comment.

"I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to make you work when you came here." Taehyung apologised as Jennie took the knife from him.

"It's fine. I do this all the time when the girls and I hang out." She smiled as she began cutting the beef easily, much to Taehyung and Jimin's embarrassment from struggling for the past 20 minutes.

"You like to cook?" Taehyung asked, leaning on the counter next to her so that he could face her properly.

"Whenever I can. It helps me relax." She smiled, glancing up to meet his eyes for a moment as Jimin decided to remain silent as an observer, snacking on one of the many snacks he snatched from the grocers.

"I get that. I usually listen to music to relax though." He told her instead.

"Who do you listen to? Normally?" She inquired, deciding to get to know him better as she moved on to chopping the pork instead.

"I listen to H.E.R a lot. Frank Ocean too, once in a while." He told her as she looked up with a gleam in her eyes.

"Me too! I like them both a lot." She admitted as he also smiled at that.

"Do we need this much? It's just for us three after all..." Jennie commented as she wiped the knife and looked down at the amount of meat they had gotten.

"It's okay. We'll just store the rest of the meat. I'll make bulgogi or fried pork with it tomorrow." He reassured her she nodded, resuming to cut the remaining vegetables.

Somehow, Taehyung could do nothing more than watch her. Her doing something so simple still managed to fascinate him.

Reaching up, he tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, as she momentarily paused what she was doing to look at him instead, meeting his eyes.

Somehow, the two hadn't said a word, only staring at each other. It felt rather..comfortable for them to be acting like this. So close despite knowing each other for three weeks, barely.

It felt like they'd been close for years. The way they acted, the way they were with only each other.

And the way they craved more.

Their thoughts were only interrupted due to Jimin's very loud, and very obviously fake, cough.

Taehyung looked back to see him eyeing him back with a teasing grin, as he cleared his throat and turned back around.

Jennie, on the other hand, busied herself with cutting the vegetables once again, in order to hide her flustered state.

It wasn't until half an hour later that they were all seated on the balcony of Taehyung's apartment, grilling the meat on the portable barbecue grill almost every other Korean had for the sake of home made barbecue.

"So...Jennie..." Jimin started mid bite as Jennie urged him to go on with a nod.

"Are you planning to leave Korea after your contract ends? You know, because you're here on visa after all." Jimin asked, as Taehyung stopped eating for a moment, curious about her answer as well.

"Oh, I don't know yet. But I'm not here on visa anymore, I just got approved for dual citizenship between Korea and New Zealand the other day. So I can always go back and forth. It depends on the future." She answered as Jimin turned to Taehyung with that, a not so subtle smile on his face.

Truly, he was more excited for Taehyung and Jennie than the individuals themselves were.

"Rosé too, by the way." Jennie cut in as Jimin turned back wide eyed.

"Huh?" He questioned as the girl smiled momentarily.

"Lisa, Rosé, and I all applied for dual citizenship together. Rosé got it first because she was able to make the interview first, I just got mine, and Lisa is still waiting for the final confirmation." Jennie told the pair as she reached for another piece of pork.

"That's....wow. I'll never have that experience." Jimin ended, not knowing what more to say to that as she only laughed in response.

"It's cool. I heard your new album by the way. I like it." Jennie brought up in order to continue conversation as a smile bloomed on his face.

"Really? What's your favourite track?" He asked as she leant back as if to think for a moment.

"I'd say....filter. I know it's not the title but it just stuck out." She admitted as he waved it off.

"You're just saying it, aren't you?" He asked as she shook her head, pulling out her phone.

"It's even in my likes songs, see!" She defended, pulling out her Spotify and turning to show the proof to him, as he only gave an impressed and slightly proud look in response.

"Well, thank you, queen of Korea, for liking my humble album." He joked as she rolled her eyes.

"So humble that it's already got a 100 million streams, right?" She called him out as Taehyung chuckled.

"Okay, enough you two, let's wrap up eating." He mused as the two listened and they all moved on to a new topic instead.

And before they knew it, they finished up with their very early dinner as Jimin clearly faked a phone call and left.

"Is that how obvious I look when I'm lying?" Taehyung asked the minute his best friend closed the door as Jennie chuckled.

"It's not as bad, but it's in the same league." She mused, walking back into the house as he turned back to look at her.

For a moment, he checked the clock and saw that it was 4 pm already, nearing the evening, which he was dreading.

Truth be told, although it was nice to have Jennie and Jimin finally meet and get along, he wanted to spend some time with her as well.

Although he didn't admit it, he didn't want her to leave. If she could, he'd rather her stay for as long as possible.

Taehyung realised that he truly enjoyed her company more than anything, and so after a moment of perplexity, he finally spoke up.

"Can you stay any longer?" He asked, as she froze mid way from grabbing her overcoat.

Swallowing lightly, she took her phone and turned back to him.

"Do you want me to stay?" She opted to ask, as he grew silent for a second, eyeing her reaction.

Knowing he needed to put forward his intentions, or rather his feelings for her forward somehow, he cleared his throat as he stuck his hands into his pockets.

"Yeah, I do." He told her finally, as she nodded, not knowing what to say when she finally received the confirmation that what he wanted was not all that platonic after all.

It was some ray of light on their messy status at the moment, where none of them knew how to put forward what they wanted.

At least today, both hoped to get any form of clarity on the matter.