013

"JENNIE!"

"ARE YOU DATING TAEHYUNG OR LANCE?"

"WHEN IS YOUR NEXT SONG COMING?"

"WHEN WILL YOU AND TAEHYUNG RELEASE THE COLLAB?"

"WHO ARE YOU DATING?"

The screams only grew as Jennie smiled politely and bowed once before entering the Nobu restaurant building.

"Are you doing okay? That was one large crowd." One of the staff members asked as he ushered her in and closed the door behind her, effectively blocking out the flashes of the camera.

"Yeah, I'm good. Thanks for asking." Jennie smiled politely as she ran a hand through her hair in an attempt to tame it.

"This is your room. Have a nice dinner." The host smiled as he opened the door to the reserved room.

She politely bowed out of habit before walking in, a smile gracing her face at the familiar cast.

Truth is, their current project was doing a rather different turn on their marketing, concealing the project all together until a planned impromptu press event.

"Look who finally made it. We thought you'd be flagged down by the amount of press outside." Sabrina smiled as she moved to make room for the new guest.

"I don't even know how they got the news that I'd be here. They blocked us down till the end of the road." Jennie exasperated as she sat down.

"Well...stalkers? I mean, the paparazzi went crazy when they saw us together." Lance muttered as he took a sip of his wine, leaning back into his chair.

"Oh right, you guys and your dating rumours." Someone else down the table said with a teasing grin.

"Oh god, don't even get me started on those." Jennie mumbled, reaching to pour herself a glass of wine as well.

"Hopefully, they'll die down when the news of the project comes out." Lance muttered as Jennie nodded along in agreement.

"I swear, because of how exaggerated the K-industry rumours are, hollywood paparazzi has no problem doing the same in this case. I'm sure it'll die down though." Jennie concluded as Sabrina turned to her.

"Wait so, you're not dating V, or Taehyung?" She asked as Jennie almost chocked on her wine.

"What? No! That reached all the way here?" She questioned, her voice full of incredulity as the rest of the table only looked at each other and began laughing.

"You do realise you're not only celebrities in South Korea right?" One of them asked as she rose an eyebrow.

"Yeah, and it reached all the way here especially because it was you two. No offence, your fans are crazy." Another said with a smile as Jennie rolled her eyes.

"Well, to answer your question, no. We're not dating. The first time we spoke was like 3 weeks-ish ago." She answered as they only nodded and moved on to another topic, while Jennie tried her hardest to not let that linger on her mind.

And well, the result was that she failed, miserably.

——————