004

"Why'd he call me in this time?" Taehyung asked his manager as he walked up to the elevator, bowing to the other employees in the way

Truth be told, although he was at the company most of the time, it would never be to the commercial floors. So anytime the CEO particularly requested him to come to his office, it would be a field day for the employees.

"No clue. Dispatch hasn't posted anything...did you rack up any trouble?" His manager, Dae, asked skeptically.

"I'm actually hurt that the first thing that comes to your mind when I'm called is all negative. What if he's calling me in to praise me because I've done such a good job?" Taehyung countered as Dae only scoffed.

"Are we talking about the same CEO here? The only way he'd give out compliments is if he were swapped with an angel overnight." Dae muttered as the latter sighed, knowing it was true.

Before either of them could slip another word the elevator doors opened at the top floor.

The two walked to their right as they were greeted by the assistant of the CEO.

"Actually....he said he wants to talk to V, alone..." She said rather awkwardly as both men looked at one another at the abnormal order.

"Seems like you're in serious trouble. Good luck." Dae said, nervous for his friend as he offered a pat on the back.

"I think I'll need it...." Taehyung replied as he anxiously stepped up to the office and briskly knocked on the door.

"Come in." The brusque reply came from inside as he quickly opened the door and stepped in, not wanting to anger the man inside.

"Taehyung...take a seat." The CEO instructed as he finally noticed the other presence in the office.

Walking up here, he fully did not expect to see a certain 5'4 brown eyed brunette that had occupied his mind for the past couple of days to be sitting inside as well.

He didn't know how she did it. He was used to seeing her in her usual glamorous wardrobe from the media and the small handful of times they'd been in close proximity of one another. Yet today, she wore nothing glamorous. Rather, a simple black hoodie and adidas shorts. Common attire for idols when they are off work to blend-in, yet somehow, on her, they suddenly looked luxurious.

She looked stellar. Of course he did, she was Jennie Kim after all. Yet, no matter the amount of times he saw her, he would still find himself awestruck for a moment.  Her presence seemed to radiate a magnetic force that drew Taehyung's gaze like a moth to a flame. And it even caused his breath to hitch as her eyes, the ones that held a depth deeper than the Mariana trench, landed on his.

After a moment too long of him simply staring at her, he finally realized how abnormal he was acting and made a move to sit down.

"So, you two must be wondering why I called you in here." The CEO started, seemingly oblivious to Taehyung's fumble and cutting straight to the point.