016

"Point

"Point. So are you going to go home alone? Or stay in the company?" She asked, reaching for a water.

"I'll just walk home in a bit, probably." He answered, turning a bit so he can face her better.

"It's so late though, won't it be dangerous?" She asked him, glancing at her watch.

"Why, worried?" He teased, as she only slapped his arm with her hand.

"Actually, yeah. You're kinda, I don't know, famous? What if you get followed?" She asked as he smiled, running a hand through his hair to mess it up a little.

"I'll be fine. I've stayed late too, you know?" He questioned, as her phone buzzed.

"Sorry, one sec." Jennie muttered as she reached for it once more, almost falling off if not for Taehyung grabbing her forearm last minute and preventing her from falling.

"Be careful." He told her rather tersely as she laughed awkwardly.

"Sorry, and thanks." She replied as she swiped up on her message, typing for a few seconds and setting her phone down.

"Manager?" He asked, as she shook her head.

"My mom." Jennie answered instead, as he furrowed her eyebrows.

"Your mom is awake this late?" He questioned as she smiled.

"New Zealand. It's around 7 am there." She answered, and just like that her phone began to ring.

"Sorry, let me just get this real quick." Jennie apologised before picking up the phone, as Taehyung busied himself with his phone instead.

Even if he wanted to listen in and eavesdrop, he couldn't make out anything from the English either ways.

He only looked up a few minutes later when she put away her phone.

"You know, I just realised, you're quite hard on yourself." He suddenly said as she tilted her head, clearly confused.

"Even yesterday you were up quite late. Take a break sometimes. You're schedule is somehow extremely packed right now." He told her as she only stared, not knowing how to take that in.

Before making it obvious that his comment had stunned her, she cleared her throat and slipped on a smile.

"Why, worried?" She asked as he smiled in return.

"Maybe." Taehyung replied, reaching over to tuck a strand of her hair away as that effectively shut her up.

She was extremely thankful for the dim lighting in her studio, otherwise it would have been painfully obvious that her cheeks were flushed red.