032

The Tokyo lights buzzed around Jennie and Taehyung as they walked through the crowded streets, soaking in the atmosphere

Jennie nudged Taehyung, smirking. "Tokyo's alive tonight."

Taehyung grinned, intertwining their fingers. "Yeah, feels like it's pretty much because of us." He cheesed, already expecting the hit Jennie gave him for that one.

They had fallen back into a comfortable rhythm now, things being a lot easier now that sneaking around wasn't a concern.

Even that crazy stalker was put away, and everything was looking up again.

"We've come a long way from hiding in green rooms." Taehyung muttered, giving her hand a squeeze.

"I know. I'm so happy right now. And relieved." She whispered, truthfully as she turned back to look at him.

He couldn't see much under neath the bucket hat and mask concealing most of her face. But even her eyes were enough.
The little crinkle that appeared when she smiled was easily apparent, and he couldn't help but smile back.

He had to admit it, he loved this girl. More than he could help it.

It surprised him that despite the several inkigayo run ins or HYBE company meetings they had never begun talking like they did.

He hated that the reason they met was that Wooyoung guy, her ex.

But now, Taehyung realised that all that didn't matter, because he found his little happy place with her.

They stumbled upon a cozy izakaya, found a quiet spot, and browsed the menu.

Jennie eyed the options. "Sashimi or tempura?"

Taehyung shrugged. "Let's do both. Mix it up."

"That's a theme with you. Getting both." She added, looking up from the menu.

"Well, you always seem to be unable to choose between two options, so I don't mind having both so that you can have both." He added, nonchalantly sipping at his soda as he didn't even need to look at her.

Jennie smiled, bringing the menu back up to hide the flush of her cheeks. It was moments like this where he unexpectedly touched her heart.

He may not have realised it, but it did. Really.

Over shared plates, they chatted about the usual and the extraordinary—Jimin's simping over a certain blonde or their upcoming projects.

Taehyung, looking happy, said, "No cameras, no screaming. Just us."

Jennie nodded, twirling her chopsticks. "It's a good break. I'm happy we were able to get away from your schedule for this long."

"Me too. I think Dae hyung said I had to check in with the doctor or something, otherwise the commercial film filming would've still been going on." He groaned as she nodded.