010

"Jennie!" Lisa waved the girl over who had just managed to escape immigration control

"How'd you get over so fast?" Jennie asked with a scowl as the latter shrugged.

"I don't know. They just let me pass real quick this time. Maybe they were holding you for an autograph." She teased as Jennie only scoffed and sunk into the lounge chair across the girl.

"I'm getting my application status updated tonight." Jennie told Lisa who nodded.

"Mine is next month. You know, we have the weirdest couple activities ever. I mean, who goes to apply for Korean  citizenship as a date?" She stated as she ate another spoonful of the chocolate pudding she grabbed earlier.

"First, we're not a couple. Second, it wasn't a date." Jennie stated, already over the girl's antics as she slipped off her coat and exchanged her heels for the slides she always carried with her to the airport.

"Uhm, tell that to dispatch. It's okay, you can deny it all you want if it makes you feel any better." Lisa sympathetically nodded along as the latter rolled her eyes and stood up.

"I'm going to get food, you stay here." Jennie told her with a smile at her antics as she proceeded to walk over to the buffet in the lounge.

Getting a phone call, she smiled at the name 'Irene' before proceeding to a quieter corner and picking up the call.

"eonnie." She greeted.

"Jennie. I saw from the headlines that you're at the airport with Lisa. Going to Paris?" The latter asked.

"Not this time. I'm going to LA today. Lisa's coming along because she has some collaboration shoot there too, so it worked out well. Not a boring trip at least." She retorted as she glanced to where the said girl was sitting.

"Of course, never a boring time with her, is it?" Irene chuckled from the other end.

"Quite the contrary. By the way, why were you calling?" Jennie returned to the topic before they both forgot, a common instance.

"Ah right. So, it's actually pretty good that you're coming to LA now. We're on tour here right now and we leave in 3 days to the Europe stops, the first being Paris. But if you're coming to LA first, would you be free to meet for a meal here?" She proposed as Jennie grinned.

"Yes. Of course. There's this really cool spot near my house in LA actually. We should go there." Jennie added as the latter laughed.

"Alright, send me the details soon. I'll let you go now." She said before the two slowly ended the phone call, and Jennie returned to the buffet.

Meanwhile Lisa only scrolled through her Instagram feed, seeing more and more posts appear on Taehyung and Jennie.

She smirked, thankful at how the constant bombardment of posts had served as a reminder for a much needed  conversation.

As soon as Jennie re-appeared with a bowl of fruit, Lisa put down her phone and looked straight at the girl.

"So, what's going on between you and V?" She asked, leaning forward to hear her better.

"Oh. Right." Jennie muttered as she put her fruit bowl down as well, leaning forward to make sure no one could hear her.

"You can't tell anyone this. The media is already crazy that we're collaborating, they'll be in shambles if there's anything more." Jennie told Lisa who nodded eagerly and proceeded for her to continue.

"We're....just friends." Jennie told her with a draw out and a straight face as she leant back with her fruit bowl and refocused on her phone, leaving Lisa to scoff and roll her eyes at the matters behaviour.

"You're so mean." Lisa said with a frown as Jennie shrugged.

"Get your head out the gutter then. Of course we'd only be friends, it's been a week for us knowing each other. I don't fall for every guy I meet or something." Jennie stated as she popped a strawberry in her mouth.

"But he's not every guy. He's V!" Lisa defended and exasperated at the same time as the latter rolled her eyes.

"And? Still doesn't change the fact that we're friends. You expect too much Lisa." Jennie told her pointedly.

"Maybe you expect too less." The blonde defended as Jennie turned to her with a raise of her eyebrows.

"How does that even make sense?" She asked as Lisa leant back with a huff.

"I don't know! Just, just shut up!" She groaned frustratedly as she picked up her phone once more.

Jennie only chuckled as she went to scroll through her Instagram for a bit and subsequently reply to messages.

While doing so, she came across an unexpected picture on an unexpected account.

For some reason, she burst out laughing at the picture. It was cute.

Especially the fact that they were just like every other teen who embarrassed themselves with old pictures.

Smiling, she clicked on his profile before proceeding to tap on 'message.'

————

Vante

@capybaralover10 sent a post by Vante.
- Should we make this our next
song concept?

———

"Why are you smiling at your phone like that? You look like a clown." Lisa's voice rang out as Jennie immediately lost the smile and turned to her with a pointed glare.

"Shut up. At least I'm not actually a clown. Can't say the same for you." She retorted as the latter offered an overly dramatic offended look.

It seems as if the two should've done theatre and joined Jisoo as actresses instead. Their facial expressions would've really killed it there.

"I'm hurt." She acted out, adding a hand on her heart to top it off as well.

"Good. You should be." Jennie muttered, hoping to return to her phone.

"You're so mean Jennie." Lisa pouted once more as Jennie shot her a look.

"Lisa..." she began as the younger looked at her intently, waiting for an apology. She genuinely thought she had won their little battle of morals, or whatever it could've been called.

"Go sleep."

—————