014

"I'm so ready to go home

"I'm so ready to go home." Jennie told her manager who only smiled sympathetically.

"Unfortunately the HYBE variety event is today. You'll have to go directly to filming." He informed her as she only groaned in response.

"Of course I do. Are you sure we can't skip it? It's quite late already. Almost two hours late because of the plane delay." She asked, looking at her phone for the time.

"I asked, but they want you to join in the middle of filming instead. It's a full day shoot so you haven't missed much." He continued as she sighed, leaning back in her chair.

"Is there anything else after that?" She asked as he winced, feeling even worse.

"The Harpers Bazaar shoot is tonight, and you're being announced as the face of Jacquemus so a little bit of social media engagement. But since we're finishing the shoot in one day, it'll take a long time to finish." He explained while Jennie only hummed in response and closed her eyes, not having the energy to say any more.

Truly, her schedule felt horrendous.

She closed her eyes shut for a few moments, and before she knew it, they had reached the filming location.

"Here, go and change into this first." He told her as he handed her an adidas cropped jacket and matching tracks, along with a tank to go under it, a brand deal outfit.

She nodded, taking the items and stepping into the rest room at the event, and right after allowing a makeup team to fix her look before finally being whisked over to entrance of the Paju arboretum.

"Okay, Jennie-ssi. Here's your mic, and you can just enter right away. We have given the cue to the variety show host of your late arrival." One of the staff members informed her as he adjusted her mic pac.

"Okay, do I need to do anything?" She questioned as he only shook his head.

"No, they just wrapped up the previous group activity, so you can head on in." He told her as she nodded in understanding, fixing her hair.

"Okay, thank you. I'm going in." She said as she bowed to the staff in politeness and opened the door, walking to the path leading to the set up flower garden just for filming.

"Okay, now we have a special guest who has just arrived from abroad for our filming!" The staff announced to the camera as the already present idols were a little surprised at the news, not aware of any guests during filming.

"Please welcome Jennie!" He greeted enthusiastically as Jennie slipped her variety face on, entering with a bright and energetic smile and waving to the cameras.

"Hello! I'm so sorry I'm late." She smiled sheepishly as she bowed back to the idols who had begun to greet her.

"It's alright, we're just glad you joined us. Although, can I ask why you did come late?" He questioned, following instructions from the crew.