020

"Are you in the mood for desert?" She asked as she pinned her hair back up, turning to walk back to the kitchen

"I can order something? I don't have anything at home right now." He offered as she shook her head.

"I meant baking. You have enough to make brownies, if you're okay with that." She explained as he nodded.

"Okay, brownies it is." He muttered with a smile, following her into the kitchen, watching as she began pulling out ingredients from his cabinets as if she'd been here several times.

It felt nice, seeing how she was so easily able to make herself at home.

"Here." Taehyung murmured as he placed an apron over her neck, allowing her to lift her hair so he could tie it in the back.

"Thanks." Jennie whispered as she measuring out the ingredients into separate bowls.

Just then, she got a call on her phone as she excused herself momentarily, leaving him to eye the ingredients and wonder what the hell olive oil was doing there.

There weren't any olives in brownies the last time he had them.

Before he knew it, Jennie had returned and placed her phone on the table with her purse.

"I'm so happy right now." She told him with a smile as he rose an eyebrow.

"Why?" He asked, stepping aside to let her return to her original place at the counter.

"My schedule got moved to the morning, so I'm free for a bit more." She told him before looking between the ingredients and him.

"Hey, you wanna try helping?" She asked suddenly as he stilled for a moment, wide-eyed.

"Me? I would if I could Jen, it's just, you saw my attempt at cutting the meat literally two hours ago." He reminded her, apprehension written across her features as she laughed.

"Don't worry, I find baking much easier. And I'll do all the complicated stuff. I just thought it'd be nice to keep us both occupied. And well, at least you'll learn how to make brownies now." She smiled, holding up the bowl of cocoa powder with a smile.

He thought for a moment, unsure if he should trust his own culinary skills in his kitchen. But after a second thought, he sighed defeatedly, taking an apron of his own.

"Just promise not to blame me if I mess up." He told her as she nodded.

"Of course, I have enough experience with exhaustive chefs, I lived with Lisa after all. I can handle you. Welcome my sous chef." She grinned, as he shook his head at her futile enthusiasm.

"And I'm going to let you take the lead. Here's a recipe I used to follow when I needed one." Jennie told him as she placed her phone on the countertop in front of them, allowing them to read easier as he came in front of the bowl, visible anxious.