023

"Can we be done?" Jennie pleaded with an exaggerated wheeze as she collapsed on the floor

"I....*wheeze*...second that!" Taehyung continued, settling down on the ground as well as their choreographer looked between the pair with sheer dissatisfaction.

"Come on you two, we've barely been working!" She protested, folding her arms around her.

"Barely? We've been here for 5 hours already! Can't we call it a day?" Taehyung practically begged at this point.

"We're aging! We're old! We're not like those New Jeans or Niki kid who has nothing but energy all day!" Jennie protested, rolling around on the floor as if to make a point.

"You guys aren't even thirty. Stop complaining." Their choreographer only continued as both of them let out a whine at that.

"How come Minhyun doesn't have this?!" Taehyung attempted to draw parallel as he sat up, staring at their choreographer accusingly.

"Because Minhyun is not on a one month long deadline. You are." She answered and only deadpanned at the pair who were acting like worms on her floor.

"Come on, one more time." She quickly instructed without any leeway for arguments as she walked over to the laptop to replay the audio from the top.

With a reluctant groan, the pair trudged over to each others posited sides of the room, getting into their stage character in the process.

It had been a month now, since they started working on their collaboration, and with every session they somehow managed to grow closer and closer, their connection growing stronger and stronger.

Just then, the music for their song South Of The Border began playing, and as if it was automatic, the look on their eyes changed.

They swayed, dipped, and twirled, their bodies so close that they could practically feel one another.

The chemistry between them was undeniable, every rehearsal seeming like a perfectly orchestrated performance.

And so, when they ended, with that very intense look in their eyes, their choreographer and camera crew were busy wondering if the pair were the very same who were acting like lazy cats 3 minutes and 24 seconds ago.

Yet their doubts were confirmed as they both basically collapsed onto the floor once more, their protests restarting the second their performance rehearsal ended.

"Take 20 minutes. And then we're back at it." Their choreographer said, shaking her head at the pair and walking out, as the latter two could be heard sighing in temporary relief.

"She's a devil." Jennie suddenly said as Taehyung chocked out a laugh.

"I think we should run away." He added, turning to look at her figure that was sprawled out on the floor, right next to him.