028

"The award goes to

"The award goes to.....Taehyung and Jennie for Starboy! Congratulations!" The mc announced as Jennie jumped at the sudden confetti explosion, still not used to it.

Taehyung, who has now become used to Jennie's little jumps had been well prepared, placing a hand on her back to steady her before accepting the gift.

"You do the speech." Jennie whispered with a smile as she took the flower bouquet from him, as Taehyung could only momentarily give her a look.

"Thank you to everyone who worked hard for this award. Our fans, of course, our CEO, producers, directors, stylists, makeup artists, composers..." he trailed off momentarily.

"Choreographers. Dancers." Jennie whispered off camera as Taehyung smiled once more and continued, finishing off his short but sweet speech as the MC's began speaking again.

"Way to throw me under the bus there Jane." He whispered back as she shrugged.

"I gave the last two. It was only right. Other wise your fans would've blamed me of hogging the spotlight." She said, turning to him with a smile as he playfully pushed her.

The other idols in the back couldn't help but either chuckle or stare at the two, having sat through the same antics every other music show.

It surprised most, quite honestly, that they were as close that they were.

Just then, the familiar intro for Starboy began playing as the pair turned back to bow to the other idols as quickly as they could, a routine habit.

The first verse had begun as Jennie began singing, smiling at the other idols or offering short hugs to the female idols she was friends with until they had all left.

The encore had ended as soon as it began, both waving and staying a bit longer to have small talk with their fans.

The minute they went backstage however, both were visibly exhausted from their continuous promotions as they collapsed into their respective chairs, sitting quietly as the makeup artists did their work.

"Another win, huh?" One of them said to Taehyung who only offered a weak smile and nod in return.

"It was expected. There was no chance for the others when both of the top artists are collaborating. The entire top 10 is occupied by you two." The stylist said from the back as Jennie waved off her compliment.

"Eonnie, that's too much." She blushed as her own makeup artist chuckled.

"You need to learn how to accept compliments better." She sighed as Jennie rolled her eyes.

"And I will, when the time comes." She retorted.

"Which is never, I think." Taehyung chimed in as Jennie turned to him with a playful glare, throwing one of the beauty sponges at him with a laugh.