038

"What? What the heck? Why would I do that?" Jennie exclaimed as she pulled her hands back from the table

"I thought you said you were fine with us dating?" She continued accusing.

"I am! I'm fine! But that's not the problem.." he exclaimed while driving a hand through his hair.

"Then what is the problem? Is it a brand that wants to cancel? Because I'm sure I can talk to them and fig-" she began to offer a countermeasure.

"It's not that. It's not as simple as that.." he interrupted, unable to even maintain eye contact with her.

"Then what the heck is it?" Jennie questioned, growing more agitated at every second.

The CEO simply sighed, knowing it was going to come out in no good way.

"I got a call today morning, around 2 hours after the rumours first broke..." he began as Jennie finally sat back down at him finally explaining what the hell was going on.

"At first I didn't pick up thinking it was another media outlet, but after getting two to three missed calls I finally did. And to my surprise it was Assemblywoman Choi." He continued as Jennie tilted her head, not understanding the connection.

"Assemblywoman Choi? The one running for office as a member of the National Assembly? Why did she call you?" Jennie asked, his silence making her more perplexed.

"Her term ends this year and she needs to get re-elected. She heard about the scandal and called in. I didn't understand why either at first..." he trailed off, pulling out another document from beside him as Jennie returned to the table, not understanding where this was going.

"She recently got into a scandal regarding an underground mass drug sale that she's a member of. It's supposed to break the news outlets tomorrow." He explained, passing the file over to her.

Jennie skimmed through it. As he said, the papers contained all the information on the recent drug bust by the South Korean police.

"But I don't get it. What's this got to do with us?" She asked, putting the file back down.

"The only thing big enough to cover something like this is a dating scandal amongst the two biggest celebrities in the country." He continued as Jennie finally began catching on.

"So she wants to use us to cover up her scandal?" She caught on as he nodded, putting the file away.

"I've heard of politicians doing this or whatever, but why would we have to break up then? Isn't the entire rumour supposed to be that we're dating?" She questioned, unable to understand why the step was for them to break up.

This was when her CEO became even more anxious, returning his hand to the back of his neck with a heavy sigh.

"Apparently....you and Taehyung is not as sensational as they would hope because your fans have caught on for months. All the responses are positive which slows down the fire. That's why she wants to not put out any statement and place you in another dating rumour....." he explained as Jennie froze, her eyes wide.