𝖭𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍𝗆𝖺𝗋𝖾 - 𝖢𝗁𝗋𝗂𝗌

Summary: Chris has a nightmare and seeks comfort from Nick then Matt. 

Words: 640

 ♡ Rough hands gripped his biceps, arms stronger than his held him down. Unable to move, he felt an anxious pain rise in his chest. He felt himself scream out for his brothers, "Matt!", "Nick!" an ice cold hand covered his mouth, he felt tear prick at his eyes as he squeezed them shut. "Matty!" "Ni-" he tried, mumbling, as the hand pushed hard on his mouth. Chris could feel his body gasp for air, panicked he couldn't help but let out a sob. His body jolted awake as he cried out. 

A small fluorescent beam of light coming from the TV brought him back to reality. Beads of sweat rolled down his face as he focused on catching a good breath. He wiped the wetness on his forehead with the back of his sleeve. He swiped over his cheeks too, feeling the tear tracks. Letting out a soft whimper, his mind couldn't forget the feeling of those cold hands harshly grabbing him. He could still feel them on his skin. With a shudder, he reached for his phone, urgently fiddling to find the flashlight. He lit in front of himself as he crawled out of bed and across his room. Making his way up the stairs to the kitchen, he caught the time of the oven, 3:18am. He turned to his right and saw his brother, Matt, had his room door open. Chris moved towards the entrance, desperately wanting to feel at peace. He was reminded of his preference for Nick's bed. Matt was a heavier sleeper and Chris felt guilty having to wake him up. 

Chris made his way to the second set of stairs, the ones that led to the master bedroom. He stumbled on the top step, drowsiness quickly taking control. He continued his route to Nick's bed, the nightlight in the corner lit up the room in a soft glow. His oldest brother was spread out beneath several blankets. Chris didn't say a word as he crawled under the comforter and positioned himself on the right side of the bed. Unconsciously, Chris moved closer into Nick, hoping his brother would recognize his presence. He was always nervous to outwardly ask for comfort, but Nick somehow always provided it nonetheless. 

The oldest began to stir in his sleep in response to the new body in his bed. Without opening his eyes he wrapped an arm around Chris and scooped him in closer. 

"You okay?" a sleepy voice  broke through the silence. 

"Yeah," Chris replied, lying. 

"It's okay, c'mere," Nick moved onto his back and pulled him into his chest. He ran his hand up and down his brother's back. 

Chris melted into the comfort he had sought out. His head was perfectly fitted into his brother's chest, he had placed his hand over Nick's heart, following the beat. He was focused on following the rise and fall of Nick's chest when he heard footsteps in the hallway. His body involuntarily shivered, "it's fine, it's Matt," Nick peeled sweaty hair back from his Chris' forehead. 

Matt's figure showed up in the doorway, the night light in Nick's room revealing a face that matched his own. Matt was quiet as he crawled in next to Chris. 

"Nightmare again?" he asked in a low whispered voice, cuddling closer to his youngest brother. 

"Yeah," Chris replied softly. 

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Matt asked him as he brushed loose curls from Chris' eyes. 

"Maybe tomorrow?" Chris was too relaxed into the touch. 

"Okay," Matt took over rubbing Chris' back. 

Chris finally breathed in deeply without the feeling of heaviness. He could hear Matt coach him on steading his breaths. He felt his body release the weight of anxiety as he focused on his brother's surrounding him.