𝖨'𝗏𝖾 𝖡𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝖴𝗉 𝖠𝗅𝗅 𝖭𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍, 𝖭𝗈 𝖲𝗅𝖾𝖾𝗉 𝖯𝖺𝗋𝗍 1 - 𝖢𝗁𝗋𝗂𝗌

@webberzworld says: "Hi babes!! Any possibility for a chris whump? Like one where he has like depression or anxiety and his brothers comfort him and without a happy ending. I just like when it's a sad ending lol. Or like where Chris falls asleep in a car video."

Summary: Chris' sleep paralysis has always caused him immense anxiety. Sometimes it gets so bad he refuses to fall asleep, afraid of having an episode. One day he falls asleep in a car video and admits to Nick and Matt he hasn't slept. He's sleep deprived so Nick and Matt take it upon themselves to help him get a good night's rest but Chris can't seem to settle.

THIS IS 2 PARTS 

Words: 1808

 ♡ My eyes kept glancing over to the passenger seat every few minutes. I watched Chris' eyes droop with slow blinks, he'd close them for a couple seconds before they'd shoot open again. I saw him inhale sharply every time he'd open his eyes back up. His breathing was slow and seemingly calculated. Like he was trying to focus on deep breaths. I imagined he was internally counting his inhales and exhales, trying to stay calm.

He looked upset so I reached over and ran my head through his hair. I started with my hand on his forehead, subtly checking his temperature, before stroking his curls a few times. The back of his head was rested against the headrest behind him, he closed his eyes in reaction to my touch. I danced my fingertips along his scalp a while longer to see if he'd keep his eyes closed, I could easily tell he was fighting sleep at this point.

"Chris? Hello? Are you listening to me?" Nick's voice was loud in my ear, his voice really did carry in the small space of the car.

"Shhhh," I turned to look at Nick, "shut up!" I aggressively whispered, "he's sleeping! Let him!"

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you two, it's not like we're filming a Youtube video," Nick's voice became louder, "you know for our job! Chris c'mon,"

"I'm not sleeping, I'm not-" Chris jolted awake, he pushed my hand off of him.

+

"So wanna tell me why you were sleeping during our video? Did we not entertain you enough?" Nick poked fun at his brother from the kitchen.

Nick was grabbing a lemonade from the fridge while his brothers were sat across from each other at their make shift dining room table. Matt had more of a gentle approach, chiming in on the discussion with a more sympathetic tone. He could tell by his brother's demeanour that he wasn't himself, something was bothering him.

"It's nothing Nick, I'm sorry I've just been tired I guess," Chris downplayed his anxiety.

"Have you not been sleeping well?" Matt had his head tilted searching his brother's face for clues, "you could've told me, I would've helped you,"

Chris had slept in the middle triplets bed the last few nights and Matt internally kicked himself for not noticing his brother's sleep troubles. Having experienced Chris' sleep paralysis first hand and countless amounts of nightmares he knew Chris was currently struggling with one of the two.

"It's just, um," Chris stopped himself, focusing on his words. His brothers were both now dialled into his explanation, waiting eagerly for him to answer, "it's the sleep paralysis, I'm anxious about it I can't sleep,"

"Anxious how?" Nick always had a way of getting him to explain his feelings, sometimes it annoyed Chris how inquisitive he could be but usually he was just thankful his brother cared enough to get to the bottom of his troubles and he always had the answer.

"I don't know, I just when I try to fall asleep I get scared, I don't want to get the paralysis it's really scary and I've been really anxious I guess, then I don't sleep, I haven't slept well for days," he was looking down at the table.