𝖳𝖾𝗍𝖺𝗇𝗎𝗌 𝖲𝗁𝗈𝗍 - 𝖢𝗁𝗋𝗂𝗌

Summary: Chris takes a nasty fall from a tree, and his brothers convince him to seek medical attention. 

Words: 1722

♡ "Chris I really think we should go," Matt was sat beside his brother on the couch. His voice was riddled with concern. 

"Yeah, it's whatever," Chris spoke in a passive tone, before he was cut off. 

"Chris, it's not whatever, this is serious," Nick chimed in from the kitchen, leaning on the island. He started to rise his voice slightly, "you could die Chris, I think we should just go," he sighed, trying to speak calmly, "let's just go get you checked out, and if you need the tetanus shot then we will just get it, it's not a big deal," He looked at Matt, who nodded in agreement. 

"Nick, it's-" Chris paused, he let out a breathy whimper as he held his side, "it's not that bad," he sighed at how awful his lying was. 

"Be for real Chris, you're in pain and we aren't stupid, just get in the car, we are going," Matt let himself be stern. 

Without looking back Matt left the couch and walked towards the front door, grabbing his keys from his pockets on the way, "I'll be in the car," he raddled the keys as he walked out the door. 

Nick and Chris sat in silence for a moment, before the younger brother put his head in his hands. The blonde triplet kneeled down in front of him, "listen, I understand this isn't how we envisioned our Saturday evening but mistakes happen, I know this isn't fun but you're stomach is pretty cut up from the tree and Matt and I just think it's best we get it looked at in case okay?" Nick searched his brother's face for emotion. Glassy blue eyes held contact with his as he squeezed his brother's hand a few times, "it's fine Chris, let's go out to the car before Matt's mattitude gets really out of control." Nick gained a smile from his brother. 

The drive was quiet as all three siblings were nervous for different reasons. The oldest had taken the chance to put SZA on the aux. The music was just loud enough to mask the pained whines Chris was trying to keep to himself. Matt subtly increased the speed, as he listened to his brother hiding his feelings. Not ten minutes later they were in the parking lot of the hospital. 

"Matt, there's a spot there!" Nick pointed out. His brother pulled the van snugly between the lines. 

"Okay, let's go, you have the stuff?" Matt looked at the oldest as they got out of the vehicle. 

"Yeah, health card, ID, got it." He confirmed rummaging through his wallet. 

The three walked up to the emergency room doors, slowly, as the youngest was taking his time due to the pain and hesitation. Matt and Chris made their way to the waiting room as Nick went to the front desk to check them in. 

"Excuse me young man," an elderly lady whispered in Matt's direction. 

"Yes?" He replied, a bit anxious. 

"Are you two boys twins?" She asked with a bright smile. 

"Triplets, actually," He corrected.

"Oh, how sweet, I had a twin when I was a younger girl, she was my entire world," the lady spoke in a sweet tone, "what a nice thing to have." 

"Yes, it is," Matt agreed, saddened hearing her talk in past tense. 

Chris was leaning on his older brother's shoulder, eyes "resting" as he said. Matt felt himself bouncing his leg in anticipation for Nick to come back. He took Chris' hand in his own and interlocked their fingers in his lap. He grounded himself by rubbing small circles on his brother's palm. 

"Okay, they have a triage room for him right now," Nick came around the corner, "it's on floor two." 

"Chris, hey," Matt whispered lightly trying to get his attention. His brother woke up, and stood up, unsteady on his feet.