𝖩𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝖳𝗁𝗎𝗇𝖽𝖾𝗋𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗆 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀𝗌 - 𝖢𝗁𝗋𝗂𝗌

Y'all this is so hugely random but after watching today's video What you doing if you invented munchkins? it got me overthinking when Chris asked Nick "which one" when talking about his "ex". Likeee Chris sleeps in Nick's bed close to every night so in times Nick has bf how's that working you know? Well here's a short fic while it's in my mind. 

Summary: Chris doesn't like thunderstorms, he seeks comfort from his brothers. 

Words: 941

♡ Growing up Chris had made a habit of slipping into Nick's bed at night, a routine that persisted into adulthood. Usually when he was scared, upset, or just wanting to spend time with the oldest,  he would quietly make his way down the hallway and up the stairs. He'd tried it with Justin, when they lived together, and some of the time he would choose to join Matt but Nick's bed undoubtedly called to him the most. His brother didn't mind, the nights when he felt his mattress dip under the weight of someone crawling in he was never nothing but welcoming. The mornings Nick awoke to see a mess of hair peeking from under his covers, he only smiled. 

It was a rainy Friday night, the weather had been absolutely dreadful for the last week. Matt took himself and Chris out for the evening, despite the elements. They both had wanted to give Nick time to spend alone with his boyfriend. Nick had invited his partner, of four months, over for the evening. They had plans to order in and watch the Percy Jackson series newly added to Disney. Their pizza party and movie night enviably ended in a sleepover. 

Matt pulled in the driveway close to 10pm, the headlights shining through their large front window. Nick pulled away from the kiss he was sharing with his boyfriend on the couch. Preparing to act more natural when his brothers came through the door. Minutes later they did just that. Chris entered first, removing his uggs and Matt behind him, locking the door once he closed it. The pair greeted Nick and his boyfriend, chatted briefly about the intense encounter they had witnessed at the pizza restaurant, then all four boys went their separate ways to bed. 

Chris made his way down the stairs to his room. He originally planned to change into his pajamas then sleep in Matt's room but was feeling brave. He decided he would take the chance and attempt to sleep alone. Feeling confident he crawled into his bed, just now noticing the thunder crackling outside. He selected the Netflix app on his TV and clicked on an episode of Brooklyn99 to have as background noise. He ended up falling asleep, after scrolling socials and saving a few edits to show his brothers in the morning. 

Nick jolted out of his sleep after hearing a particularly loud strike of thunder. He looked over to his left and saw his boyfriend still sleeping, a crack of lightening illuminating the room for a split moment. He could hear the heavy rain pouring down on their roof. Nick rubbed at his eyes and got up to turn of his tv that he noticed had been left on. His thoughts immediately turned to Chris out of habit, hoping he was sleeping through the storm. He turned towards his window, making sure it was closed, having made that mistake last time and ending up with a soaked windowsill. As Nick walked back in the direction of his bed his attention turned to the hallway where he saw the silhouette of Chris slowly walking towards his room. 

"Chris? You okay? Nick whispered. Chris was now in his doorway, clearly exhausted. Nick recognized his own sweater on his brother, the hoodie fit loose on Chris' frame. 

"Sorry Nicky, I forgot he was h-here." Chris stuttered on his words when he heard another thunder noise crack down. 

"That's okay, why don't I bring you to Matty's room? Hmmm?" Nick walked closer to his younger brother and gently lifted him into his arms in a swift motion, "you can sleep in there tonight okay?" Chris always told people he hated being picked up, but in private, just with his brothers, he truly loved the comfort. 

Chris melted into his brother's hold, laying his head on Nick's shoulder. He simply nodded in response to his brother's suggestion. He let himself by carried to his other brother's room. The hallway light was on, bringing a gleam of light into Matt's room when the two entered it. 

Without saying anything, Nick placed Chris back onto his feet, squeezing his side slightly. He pulled back Matt's blanket and aided Chris into the bed. In the commotion Matt had rolled over and opened his eyes, "what's up guys?" 

"Chris came into my room to sleep but I have, company," Nick explained, "so I brought him here." 

"Right yeah, okay that's alright," Matt pulled Chris directly into his chest, "don't like the storm huh kid?" Matt sleepily rubbed his brother's back. 

Chris was already snoring before Nick even left the room, comforted by the warmth of his brother's arms around him, and the sound of his parallel heartbeat.  Matt's familiar scent surrounding him soothed Chris in an indescribable way. Matt had pulled him into his chest and ran his fingers through his brother's hair. Chris let out a few whimpers in his sleep, matching when the thunder would roar outside. He stayed asleep until his eyes were met with the sunlight peaking between the window blinds. He opened his eyes to find himself laying on top of Matt. 

Incredibly random one-shot but I like it I think.