𝖦𝖾𝗍 𝖢𝗁𝗋𝗂𝗌 𝖠𝗐𝖺𝗒 𝖥𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝖬𝖾 𝖯𝖺𝗋𝗍 1 - 𝖢𝗁𝗋𝗂𝗌

Hello friends, I hope everyone is having a great week!

@fanficsbymia11 has requested the following: "can you pretty please do one where chris has been super sad and anxious and upset all day, he doesn't know why.. he is randomly crying, clingy, and then they go out to dinner to help him cheer up, but suddenly he has a breakdown/ panic attack in the middle of a restaurant, and people are looking and stuff... and then when they get home he is still panicking and he is overheating and crying and he is just so worked up, and nick and matt are trying to help but matt is getting stressed and so is nick.. but they have to help chris! hours later he is finally calmed down, breathing a little erratic but he is okay!??" 

Summary: I changed this up just a little, I made it so Chris was upset about something Matt said in the podcast and everything else is true to the request! I hope you love <33

Words: 2080

Podcast mentioned "The Science Behind Happiness" and the time stamp is 13:47 for context. 

 Get Chris away from me the words rang in Chris' head over and over again. It took all of his self control to hold back his tears. He was swallowing more frequently and squeezing his fist together to stop from crying out. He was sat beside Nick on their living room couch, watching his brother work on his laptop for the last hour. Chris was thankful Nick had headphones on and wasn't paying him much attention. He didn't want his brother to see his distress. But he couldn't help himself from fidgeting with the blanket on top of him and the pillow behind his back. The pillow wasn't laying right and he wasn't able to get comfortable. He punched the pillow a few times, but accidentally moved the coffee table with his feet when he did. The table slid from underneath Nick's feet who was resting them on it before it moved. The oldest was trying to finish up his email to their editor. Nick was sending over the video file for their podcast to their editor, Memo. 

"Chris, what are you doing, would you sit still my god," he took off his headphones and looked at his brother. 

"Sorry, I just- I can't get comfortable," Chris replied to him. 

Nick paused for a moment, analyzing Chris' matching face. His eyes looked glossy and his nose was running. 

"You good?" Nick asked him plainly. 

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," Chris wiped at his eyes, knowing Nick was on to him. He didn't want his brother prying, feeling better about the plan of burying his emotions until they went away. 

"Alright," Nick left it at that. He continued his email to Memo. 

+

Nick had booked a reservation for 7pm at their favourite steak house, saying they were in desperate need for a night out. He let Matt have a nap and woke him up closer to the time they had to leave. Nick and Chris watched a movie on the couch. The oldest was still suspicious of his brother's behaviour but didn't push for answers. He figured Chris was just in a mood and knew going out to eat was bound to cheer him up. He let Chris cuddle into his side as they sat watching the movie. The youngest was uncharacteristically quiet, but Nick just massaged at his scalp, feeling the younger relax. 

When the movie ended, Nick gently removed himself from Chris' hold and went to wake up Matt. The three got themselves ready, and headed out to the van. Chris demeanour was improving, he set up the GPS and plugged his phone in to set up the music as per routine. On the way to the restaurant he was harassing Nick to sing with him and yelling lyrics. When Nick wouldn't, Chris turned himself around to pinch his brother jokingly. 

"Chris, enough, I'm so serious," Nick warned him in a sassy but stern voice. 

"You need to relax kid, you're going to hurt yourself," Matt added, laughing at the two.